i have icons which are being "borrowed" from other programs... enclosed is my "games" page which shows Sim City --- with the icon from the US Open 2009 program...

Attachment 1525
    06-21-2009 12:16 AM
    @cre8tivespirit. That has happenned to me on my oldphone. I turned wifi off on my computer turned off the airport express and turned off the cable modem. Then restarted everything. It always seemed to work for me after.
    I spent about 3 hours total on the phone with Apple support yesterday trying everything, including driving down to Starbucks to attempt a connection with the ATT Hotspot. I couldn't even get my WiFi to connect to the unsecured network at the neighborhood pool.

Final analysis: 3.0 firmware somehow trashed my WiFi. Waiting on the shipping box from Apple now so I can send it back and get a replacement. Unfortunately I don't live anywhere close to an Apple retail store.
    06-21-2009 07:05 AM
    I updated mine with a backup because I need all my contacts. I'm happy it didn't erase any of my information. And mine is working perfectly. It actually took less time to update than I thought it would!
    06-21-2009 07:43 AM
    I updated mine with a backup because I need all my contacts. I'm happy it didn't erase any of my information. And mine is working perfectly. It actually took less time to update than I thought it would!
    Yes mine is working good to no glitches and update took like 5 minutes.
    06-21-2009 08:12 AM
    It seems to me the wifi reception isn't as great with my 3gs as it is with my 2nd gen ipod touch. Also I have a problem accessing itunes with my aol login information. My phone consistently tells me my password is incorrect even though I know it isn't. It was working fine before and now I can't login at all with it on my phone or itunes on my pc.
    06-21-2009 05:33 PM
    Wifi has been horrible, I've almost considered trying to install 2.2.1 on my 3G S but being that the 3G S never had 2.2.1 I think I would probably cause more harm than good so I'm just leaving Wifi off for now - 3G is great in my area at least.
    06-21-2009 06:40 PM
    Shake to Shuffle when connected to a stereo bluetooth headset does not work (works fine when not connected). Further, does not allow the bluetooth headset to control next/previous track (volume, play/stop work fine). My experience is based only on the Sony-Ericsson HBH-DS980 bluetooth stereo headset on an iPhone 3GS. Does anyone have an experience with a stereo bluetooth device where everything worked perfectly?
    06-22-2009 07:27 AM
    Anyone having issues with their keypad? I am having intermittent issues accessing the bottom row of the keyboard (number key, backspace, space, return and in safari, + key, boomarks buttons). The issue just comes and goes with no consistency.
    06-22-2009 11:27 AM
    Ever since I installed 3.0 on my 16GB G, I have had several issues:

1)i have had that keyboard issue in IM+ & Facebook where if you shift to horizontal, it pasts the new view over the old and basically blocks out the old screen. The old view stays there. So, you can't type anymore.

2)I have also had very slow speeds in Safari and actually had safari crash. It never hapenned before.

Overall, my 3G is running slower.

Apple needs to fix this.
    06-23-2009 04:51 PM
    As others have reported here, after updating my iPhone 3G to 3.0, it started draining the battery very fast, and overheating.

Research and a bit of deduction revealed the culprit: PUSH

I have a corporate email account which uses Exchange ActiveSync. Using Push, this account was checking for new mail every 5 seconds. I sat there and watched it refresh again and again.

No wonder the battery was draining so fast and the phone got so hot - literally 3600 times each hour, it was checking for new mail!

To remedy this without losing the ability to stay current with email, I turned off Push and set my corporate account to Fetch every 15 minutes.

It seems like this is Apple's problem to fix (the phone didn't behave this way before 3.0), but it's also possible that a setting needs to be updated on my company's Exchange server.
    06-23-2009 09:08 PM
    Since the upgrade to 3.0 my phone doesn't automatically reconnect to my home WiFi network. Every time I turn it on, I have to select the network from the pop up window. Did a setting get messed up or is this a new "feature"?
    I have the same problem with my new 3Gs. Further aggravating the situation is that my home WiFi password is no longer being accepted by the phone. It worked when I entered it in the settings mode initially, but now it doesn't take when I enter it into the pop-up window that comes up every few minutes. Argh.
    06-23-2009 11:53 PM
    No wonder the battery was draining so fast and the phone got so hot - literally 3600 times each hour, it was checking for new mail!
    Um, er ... that would actually be 720 times per hour (I must have been doing "new math").

Still way too much 3G radio usage (every 5 seconds), but not quite enough to make the damned phone burst into flames (yet).
    06-24-2009 01:09 AM
    Anyone having issues with their keypad? I am having intermittent issues accessing the bottom row of the keyboard (number key, backspace, space, return and in safari, + key, boomarks buttons). The issue just comes and goes with no consistency.
    This sounds like a hardware defect, I had this happen on my old 3G but it was the whole keyboard area.

Is this section of the screen that these keys on working on any other screen (try changing home screens using this section of the screen). If it doesn't work there either you should go to an Apple store asap.
    06-24-2009 03:37 AM
    why for some reason when i have my phone on vibrate and i had the headphones connected i can normally hear the sound for the text message all of sudden i cant hear it anymore even when the ringer and switch is off vibrate
    06-24-2009 11:03 AM
    Will apple be coming back out with another update soon to fix all of the issues people hace been complaining about? The fact that I delete emails and they show up in iPhones new search function bugs the hell out of me !!!!
    Last edited by clg82; 06-24-2009 at 01:40 PM.
    06-24-2009 01:37 PM
    Will apple be coming back out with another update soon to fix all of the issues people hace been complaining about? The fact that I delete emails and they show up in iPhones new search function bugs the hell out of me !!!!
    In true Apple fashion I am willing to bet the house there will be a 3.1. The 3.1will probably have the MMS and Techering included in it as well.
    06-24-2009 02:03 PM
    In true Apple fashion I am willing to bet the house there will be a 3.1. The 3.1will probably have the MMS and Techering included in it as well.
    How do we find out when that will be available will there be an announcement?
    06-24-2009 02:05 PM
    There will probably be 47 threads about it in addition to it being on the front page. Just keep checking here.
    06-24-2009 02:17 PM
    I have noticed apps opening significantly slower, even native ones. Also, I used to end the day with more than 75% battery life. Now, it ends just above 50%. I upgraded without wiping the iphone first. Maybe I should try that.
    06-25-2009 10:48 AM
    When you talk about "wipe", do you mean "restore"?
    06-25-2009 01:12 PM
    I have noticed apps opening significantly slower, even native ones.
    I have noticed that many of my Apps are not as smooth as they use to be when they opened. They are a little "jumpy". Also QuickOffice needs to do a quick update. Last night it did NOT like the landscape keyboard! It seems to be better today, but last night it was really messed up.

Overall though I am quite happy with 3.0!
    06-25-2009 01:28 PM
    It's weird all the little quirks everyone is noticing. My emails were all being delivered twice. When I looked under settings, my exchange email account was there...twice. Funny.
    06-25-2009 01:32 PM
    It's weird all the little quirks everyone is noticing. My emails were all being delivered twice. When I looked under settings, my exchange email account was there...twice. Funny.
    How about all of the emails that are still showing up in the new search function, that have been "deleted"?
    06-25-2009 01:45 PM
    Hey all really hope someone can assist me. Updated iTunes to 8.2 so that I could update to 3.0. Downloaded 230 meg of update and attempted to update my iPhone. Update crashed and now iTunes will not even see iPhone ... also cant get iPhone to do anything other than get "connect to iTunes " icon on screen. What now - and why do we as consumers tolerate nonsense like this ?!
    06-25-2009 02:55 PM
    For lack of a better term, **** happens. No tech company can promise that everything will work perfect.

Your phone is in recovery mode. With the "connect to itunes" message on your iphone, plug it into your PC with iTunes open. Once iTunes recognizes your iPhone, click the restore button.

If that doesn't work, try putting your phone into DFU mode and then do a restore again.

Here's a page that describes how to put a phone into DFU.

Here's a good video that walks you through the process.
    Last edited by Matt74; 06-25-2009 at 03:09 PM.
    06-25-2009 03:07 PM
205 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD