OS 3.0 update vs. OS 2.0 update

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I wasn't on this site when OS 2.0 came out. From what I can tell OS 3.0 has not been a smooth update for many. Was this how it was like for the OS 2.0 update? Just wondering if most of the problems are just due to the huge server activity and this will all get better in a few days.

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I wasn't referring to the time, since from what I can tell the process is faster (when or if it works...lol), but more as to were lots of people having problems getting their iphone to work after the 2.0 update. I've seen so many messages about bricked iphones that it makes me cautious to even do this update right now.

gary_gnu

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
Last year was a debacle. They tried to release everything all at once, their servers couldn't even handle activations for the new 3G, much less all the people who tried to download 2.0 at the same time. AND .mac turned into MobileMe at the same time.

Fortunately for me - at the time - I didn't have an iPhone to have to worry about trying to update and I didn't get around to getting one until a week or two after the launch.

Blast from the past:
Activation problems delay sales during iPhone 3G premiere | Betanews

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh