Has anyone in the U.S. been given MMS after iphone 3.0?

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Yes, that is what I am reading, and I am assuming I never had it, cause I never had it taken off and mms works for me. All I did to my account was have it changed to a regular 200 messages messaging plan, and mms began working. Within a week, I switched it to the family texting plan never had a problem.

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Yes, that is what I am reading, and I am assuming I never had it, cause I never had it taken off and mms works for me. All I did to my account was have it changed to a regular 200 messages messaging plan, and mms began working. Within a week, I switched it to the family texting plan never had a problem.

I want to be clear, you have not had what taken off? MMS opt out? Currently, when I go to my acct, it says "MMS Opt Out........$0.00" (aren't they nice to not charge me for this privilege...NOT!)

Okay, I typed all that, and it's probably because you have the messaging plan. I don't have any messaging plans.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I have the family messaging plan. I just did the carrier file and have the icons, popped my SIM into a stupid moto flip phone, OLAM recognized it, waited a few, then popped the SIM back into my iPhone and rebooted.

Still not sending, bar gets almost all the way there, then stops and says error. Does it sometimes take a few to kick in? Hmmm...

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
It sounds to me that AT&T has wised up to this hack. I for one will just be patient and wait for it to come legitimately. That way if something goes bad I can still say "hey you guys! Fix my phone!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
It sounds to me that AT&T has wised up to this hack. I for one will just be patient and wait for it to come legitimately. That way if something goes bad I can still say "hey you guys! Fix my phone!

Yeah I'm not gonna mess w/ it anymore. I figure one day it will just start working.

John Scaro

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Did you restart the phone? If you did then you might want to try entering the MMS data under "Settings --> General --> Network --> Cellular Data Network"

Username: wap@cingulargprs.com
Password: CINGULAR1
MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32

Also, check to make sure your Carrier is AT&T 5.0

I have tethering working but not MMS and my carrier is AT&T 4.0 Is they a way to update that?

Thanks

Sooks

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I have tethering working but not MMS and my carrier is AT&T 4.0 Is they a way to update that?

Thanks

I am curious to this as well , it shows 4.0 . Are we able to upgrade that some how ?

also , under "Settings --> General --> Network --> I have no option for the "Cellular Data Network" maybe thats only with AT&T 5.0 ? any insight would be great!, thanks , sooks.

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I had an employee do it today , followed the steps very closely and still , says 4.0 and no mms .

IF (I say IF because you need to check on the at&t website under your wireless account to make SURE the mms opt out is NOT there) they did that, then there is a hack to get mms working. It's all over this site, so just look for it and follow the steps. It may or may not work, so do so at your own perile (some lost voice mail, but they say that can be fixed). I don't have the mms opt out removed, so I can't try any of the stuff that's floating around the web or on this site to get MMS. Also, some people say that at&t is on to this and is going back and disabling the mms (I'm sure at&t looks at all what people are doing to keep them from making money).

Sooks

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
IF (I say IF because you need to check on the at&t website under your wireless account to make SURE the mms opt out is NOT there) they did that, then there is a hack to get mms working. It's all over this site, so just look for it and follow the steps. It may or may not work, so do so at your own perile (some lost voice mail, but they say that can be fixed). I don't have the mms opt out removed, so I can't try any of the stuff that's floating around the web or on this site to get MMS. Also, some people say that at&t is on to this and is going back and disabling the mms (I'm sure at&t looks at all what people are doing to keep them from making money).

Yeah it was there before , now its gone. So he did do it . Just not working ... the only thing that happend is like 3 of my icons all went to a faded dark fandango icon lol ....

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Okay, you do understand you have to do the hack, right? All AT&T did is remove the opt out, you have to turn it on.

This all begs the question, why are some able to get AT&T do remove the opt out.....sweet talking....large sums of money....sex? anyway, like I've said, it seems even people who do get the hack to work have mms turn off after awhile when AT&T sees that the opt out is removed.

joel

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
never mind figured that out.

now

....could not be updated because the firmware is not compatible

what do i do now

MikeDVB

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't want to lose visual voice mail and/or risk any extra charges or issues down the road. If I want to send an MMS I just pull out my HTC :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2