Has anyone in the U.S. been given MMS after iphone 3.0?

icebike

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
No, I have MMS cause it is activated on my line and I updated my phone with an altered carrier file. Certainly frowned upon by apple and at&t, but not jailbroken or illegal.

Altering a carrier file MIGHT qualify as illegal more easily than jailbreaking.

If it were that easy, ATT would have had Apple just send a carrier update alont with 3.0.

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I've got my MMS working since the 3.0 GM release. Works great, I've tested sending photos, vCards & audio recordings. You can MMS any carrier but if you try to send to an iPhone that don't support it then they either get a link or doesn't come in. Update the carrier file then change your text plan on your account.

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
ive updated my carrier file and dont have an mms option, but do have the tether option, any ideas?

Did you restart the phone? If you did then you might want to try entering the MMS data under "Settings --> General --> Network --> Cellular Data Network"

Username: wap@cingulargprs.com
Password: CINGULAR1
MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32

Also, check to make sure your Carrier is AT&T 5.0

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Well that worked to turn mms on. Now it just won't send!! I don't have the mms opt out on my account so any other ideas?

How do you know you don't have the opt out? What txt plan are you on? Check your AT&T online acct and if it shows iPhone Text Message plan then you can send MMS unless you switch to a regular texting plan.

zwienerdc

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I do not have MMS yet either. I have heard that it will be available in mid July adn that they will not charge extra for the service which is nice but you never know with AT&T.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Shutter is absolutely correct. I followed his instructions letter for letter in another thread and got my MMS working as well around 1 1/2 months ago. On my Account on the AT&T website, it still shows that I have the iPhone 3G, BUT I have a regular unlimited messaging plan and my account is provisioned for MMS. I was helped by an extremely friendly regular AT&T rep who followed up with calls later to ensure that everything was working smoothly for me. :)

IMG_0131.jpg

MMSScreenshot.jpg

Last edited:

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Here are some screenshots of MMS. I didn't have to call them at all, once I switched from the iPhone txt plan to a regular txting plan it started working. I sent the message to myself, but it does work when you send to any carrier.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I just got off the phone with AT&T. She said that my line did not have MMS disabled (i.e. Opt out on) and said that she was unsure why it would not work.

Now either she doesn't know squat or she is telling the truth and the opt out is off on my acct but that is not the problem for all of us. I am going to go with the latter of those two.

It could be true. For me, there was no MMS opt out (and had family msging for the longest). It could be something else... wish I could let you know, but I do love my job. It's coming though, don't worry.

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Like I've said earlier, you don't need to take the word of someone you call at AT&T. You can easily see for yourself by logging on to your account. See my earlier response in this thread.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Like I've said earlier, you don't need to take the word of someone you call at AT&T. You can easily see for yourself by logging on to your account. See my earlier response in this thread.

Yes, but even without the MMS Opt out there is something else that it could be. I found out as it was the case with my account, but working for them, I easily got that taken care of.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods