Has anyone in the U.S. been given MMS after iphone 3.0?

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Supposedly we'll get a message from AT&T when it's available. I've heard they have to do it manually after the OS 3.0 update. Sounds ridiculous, but that's a rumor I've read.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Not legally, no.

I am on 3.0....I have MMS working, should I start looking for the police to knock down my door? I think the word you were looking for was officially, it's not illegal to activate mms through at&t nor to alter the carrier file to get the options available in 3.0.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
No, I have MMS cause it is activated on my line and I updated my phone with an altered carrier file. Certainly frowned upon by apple and at&t, but not jailbroken or illegal.

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
I am on 3.0....I have MMS working, should I start looking for the police to knock down my door? I think the word you were looking for was officially, it's not illegal to activate mms through at&t nor to alter the carrier file to get the options available in 3.0.

I cannot get MMS to stay working... I get it to work for a short time, but whenever the ATT site changes my phone back to iPhone, i loose the MMS... What are you doing to keep it working???

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
How do you get an "altered carrier file"?

I posted instructions and links in another thread. But, and this is the big thing...if your account is not provisioned correctly it won't matter whether you have the options or not. I had a buddy that works in an AT&T corporate store switch my text plan to a regular text plan, then I switched it to family messaging and it has worked all through the beta phase.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I cannot get MMS to stay working... I get it to work for a short time, but whenever the ATT site changes my phone back to iPhone, i loose the MMS... What are you doing to keep it working???

Nothing special, I just do not have an iPhone text plan, I have family messaging. But even when I had the regular 200 messages (as opposed to iPhone messaging) it worked.

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
I have the family texting plan as well, the workaround was to change what phone you have and put your sim into another phone so they MMS soc is added on the account, but when i switch back to the iPhone, it only worls for about 20 min, and when the ATT site shows that i have an iPhone again, i can no longer MMS

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Your going to have to have the mms opt out removed from the plan. I don't think the opt out was ever put on my plan when I bought my iPhone, I know it's supposed to be automatic, but mms (via swirlymms on 2.2 and 2.2.1 and stock mms on the 3.0 betas) has always worked and the only thing I did was to have my friend switch my plan, then switch to family messaging.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Someone on another forum said they were told by an at&t rep that they were turning on MMS on Friday. I really will believe it when I see it, but that would coincide with the 3G S launch and the viewmymessages links apparently do not work in 3.0.

kevin738

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I just got off the phone with AT&T. She said that my line did not have MMS disabled (i.e. Opt out on) and said that she was unsure why it would not work.

Now either she doesn't know squat or she is telling the truth and the opt out is off on my acct but that is not the problem for all of us. I am going to go with the latter of those two.

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
i will just wait for att to stop being idiots and flip the switch for my MMS. i have waited this long i can wait a little longer. now what i wonder is if since i can't find any mention of MMS in 3.0 on my 3G will itunes update my carrier file when they let MMS happen?

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
For those who call AT&T to find out if they have MMS opt out and don't believe what the operator says, you just have to log on to your AT&T account and check there to see what your plan has.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR