Has anyone in the U.S. been given MMS after iphone 3.0?

jredecop#IM

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
How do you know you don't have the opt out? What txt plan are you on? Check your AT&T online acct and if it shows iPhone Text Message plan then you can send MMS unless you switch to a regular texting plan.
it says messaging unlimited for families, and above it iphone data plan, that right?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
cant even log into my AT&T account right now!! I am trying to check my bill so I can pay it but it seems there is too much traffic on the site! I am really frustrated but I also understand y'alls excitement too.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Someone on another forum said they were told by an at&t rep that they were turning on MMS on Friday. I really will believe it when I see it, but that would coincide with the 3G S launch and the viewmymessages links apparently do not work in 3.0.

I said this.. i called and asked AT&T to enable MMS for my iPhone.. the guy told me to call back on Friday. Now I'll just wait and see! :confused:

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Shutter is absolutely correct. I followed his instructions letter for letter in another thread and got my MMS working as well around 1 1/2 months ago. On my Account on the AT&T website, it still shows that I have the iPhone 3G, BUT I have a regular unlimited messaging plan and my account is provisioned for MMS. I was helped by an extremely friendly regular AT&T rep who followed up with calls later to ensure that everything was working smoothly for me. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone tell me which thread shutters directions are in for enabling MMS?

I searched threads for his username but there are wayyyy too many to read through each and every thread

Thanks!

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
I assume you can't do this hack if you have the mms opt out?
Correct. Actually to get it working I have to go into myaccount on att.com and change my phone to just a plane jane phone. About 5 minutes later it started to work. I left it like that over night. I changed our phone back to iPhones this morning, and as of right now it still works.

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
i cannot get mine to work, i have determined that it is a setting on ATT side, but everytime i call regardless of what i tell them they will not reactivate it...

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
they will remove the opt out eventually. they have to cause if i do not get my MMS i will just refuse to pay. cause i am tired of paying for something i should already have.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Just updated the carrier file on my 3G S and it works great, still got mms, and by putting in a max size for the file of 600, I was able to send 3G S stock phonts, where they failed before.

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
FYI, the original purpose of this post was to see if ANYONE had MMS from AT&T due to AT&T activating it...LOL! It's pretty obvious that the only ones that do have MMS in the U.S. are the ones that did the hack (and who somehow got a tech to remove the mms opt out).

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Well, if that's the case...then no one will qualify. MMS options are hidden in the 3.0 software, the only way to uncover them is the hack or for apple to push a carrier file update through iTunes. My mms was activated by an at&t rep, although it hasn't been recently.

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Well, if that's the case...then no one will qualify. MMS options are hidden in the 3.0 software, the only way to uncover them is the hack or for apple to push a carrier file update through iTunes. My mms was activated by an at&t rep, although it hasn't been recently.

I know, but there were rumors that AT&T was going to do it today.

I already tried to get the mms opt out removed, but the reps just repeat the "late summer" BS. You got lucky. However, even so, I did see a bunch of people that tried the hack lose visual voice mail, so the hack didn't work perfectly for some.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
My apologies, I Wasn't aware that was what you were looking for. As for the vv the custom carrier file I have allows me to put in the proper apn for visual voicemail. Mine didn't stop with the default apn, but it slowed considerably. I changed the apn from wap.cingular to acds.voicemail and they come through just fine and quick.

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
No need to apologize, I didn't specify in my original post. I actually didn't believe it would happen today or earlier, but thought maybe AT&T might be moved to do something soon after all the backlash over not having MMS. So, I was hoping when it does come out, that someone will respond here. AT&T said we would get a SMS message when it is available.

Soooo, you have to NOT have mms opt out to do your method/hack correct? Just want to make sure, since someone else said that you had to get AT&T to remove the opt out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods