i cannot get mine to work, i have determined that it is a setting on ATT side, but everytime i call regardless of what i tell them they will not reactivate it...
    06-19-2009 02:33 PM
    i updated my carrier file and got mms and tethering to work, on me and my wifes phones
    06-19-2009 02:48 PM
    I guess all of us who had the mms opt out added to our acct are screwed then, since getting them to change it are almost impossible
    06-19-2009 03:18 PM
    they will remove the opt out eventually. they have to cause if i do not get my MMS i will just refuse to pay. cause i am tired of paying for something i should already have.
    06-19-2009 08:38 PM
    Just updated the carrier file on my 3G S and it works great, still got mms, and by putting in a max size for the file of 600, I was able to send 3G S stock phonts, where they failed before.
    06-19-2009 08:40 PM
    FYI, the original purpose of this post was to see if ANYONE had MMS from AT&T due to AT&T activating it...LOL! It's pretty obvious that the only ones that do have MMS in the U.S. are the ones that did the hack (and who somehow got a tech to remove the mms opt out).
    06-19-2009 10:23 PM
    Well, if that's the case...then no one will qualify. MMS options are hidden in the 3.0 software, the only way to uncover them is the hack or for apple to push a carrier file update through iTunes. My mms was activated by an at&t rep, although it hasn't been recently.
    06-19-2009 10:28 PM
    Well, if that's the case...then no one will qualify. MMS options are hidden in the 3.0 software, the only way to uncover them is the hack or for apple to push a carrier file update through iTunes. My mms was activated by an at&t rep, although it hasn't been recently.
    I know, but there were rumors that AT&T was going to do it today.

I already tried to get the mms opt out removed, but the reps just repeat the "late summer" BS. You got lucky. However, even so, I did see a bunch of people that tried the hack lose visual voice mail, so the hack didn't work perfectly for some.
    06-19-2009 10:32 PM
    My apologies, I Wasn't aware that was what you were looking for. As for the vv the custom carrier file I have allows me to put in the proper apn for visual voicemail. Mine didn't stop with the default apn, but it slowed considerably. I changed the apn from wap.cingular to acds.voicemail and they come through just fine and quick.
    06-19-2009 10:37 PM
    No need to apologize, I didn't specify in my original post. I actually didn't believe it would happen today or earlier, but thought maybe AT&T might be moved to do something soon after all the backlash over not having MMS. So, I was hoping when it does come out, that someone will respond here. AT&T said we would get a SMS message when it is available.

Soooo, you have to NOT have mms opt out to do your method/hack correct? Just want to make sure, since someone else said that you had to get AT&T to remove the opt out.
    06-19-2009 10:44 PM
    Yes, that is what I am reading, and I am assuming I never had it, cause I never had it taken off and mms works for me. All I did to my account was have it changed to a regular 200 messages messaging plan, and mms began working. Within a week, I switched it to the family texting plan never had a problem.
    06-19-2009 10:49 PM
    Yes, that is what I am reading, and I am assuming I never had it, cause I never had it taken off and mms works for me. All I did to my account was have it changed to a regular 200 messages messaging plan, and mms began working. Within a week, I switched it to the family texting plan never had a problem.
    I want to be clear, you have not had what taken off? MMS opt out? Currently, when I go to my acct, it says "MMS Opt Out........$0.00" (aren't they nice to not charge me for this privilege...NOT!)

Okay, I typed all that, and it's probably because you have the messaging plan. I don't have any messaging plans.
    06-19-2009 10:57 PM
    I have the family messaging plan. I just did the carrier file and have the icons, popped my SIM into a stupid moto flip phone, OLAM recognized it, waited a few, then popped the SIM back into my iPhone and rebooted.

Still not sending, bar gets almost all the way there, then stops and says error. Does it sometimes take a few to kick in? Hmmm...
    06-19-2009 11:53 PM
    It sounds to me that AT&T has wised up to this hack. I for one will just be patient and wait for it to come legitimately. That way if something goes bad I can still say "hey you guys! Fix my phone!
    06-20-2009 04:32 AM
    It sounds to me that AT&T has wised up to this hack. I for one will just be patient and wait for it to come legitimately. That way if something goes bad I can still say "hey you guys! Fix my phone!
    Yeah I'm not gonna mess w/ it anymore. I figure one day it will just start working.
    06-20-2009 11:06 AM
    Did you restart the phone? If you did then you might want to try entering the MMS data under "Settings --> General --> Network --> Cellular Data Network"

Username: wap@cingulargprs.com
    Password: CINGULAR1
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32

Also, check to make sure your Carrier is AT&T 5.0
    I have tethering working but not MMS and my carrier is AT&T 4.0 Is they a way to update that?

Thanks
    06-20-2009 11:35 AM
    I have tethering working but not MMS and my carrier is AT&T 4.0 Is they a way to update that?

Thanks
    I am curious to this as well , it shows 4.0 . Are we able to upgrade that some how ?

also , under "Settings --> General --> Network --> I have no option for the "Cellular Data Network" maybe thats only with AT&T 5.0 ? any insight would be great!, thanks , sooks.
    06-20-2009 02:50 PM
    The carrier 4.0 update was what AT&T added to disable mms.
    06-20-2009 02:52 PM

Thanks
    The carrier 4.0 update was what AT&T added to disable mms.
    That makes sense . I wonder how he is showing or has 5.0
    06-20-2009 02:58 PM
    That makes sense . I wonder how he is showing or has 5.0
    Because a number of people got AT&T to delete the mms opt out. You have to have them do that or you can't use the hack to get mms.
    06-20-2009 03:00 PM
    Because a number of people got AT&T to delete the mms opt out. You have to have them do that or you can't use the hack to get mms.
    I had an employee do it today , followed the steps very closely and still , says 4.0 and no mms .
    06-20-2009 03:01 PM
    I had an employee do it today , followed the steps very closely and still , says 4.0 and no mms .
    IF (I say IF because you need to check on the at&t website under your wireless account to make SURE the mms opt out is NOT there) they did that, then there is a hack to get mms working. It's all over this site, so just look for it and follow the steps. It may or may not work, so do so at your own perile (some lost voice mail, but they say that can be fixed). I don't have the mms opt out removed, so I can't try any of the stuff that's floating around the web or on this site to get MMS. Also, some people say that at&t is on to this and is going back and disabling the mms (I'm sure at&t looks at all what people are doing to keep them from making money).
    06-20-2009 03:10 PM
    how do you get the .zip off
    06-20-2009 03:26 PM
    IF (I say IF because you need to check on the at&t website under your wireless account to make SURE the mms opt out is NOT there) they did that, then there is a hack to get mms working. It's all over this site, so just look for it and follow the steps. It may or may not work, so do so at your own perile (some lost voice mail, but they say that can be fixed). I don't have the mms opt out removed, so I can't try any of the stuff that's floating around the web or on this site to get MMS. Also, some people say that at&t is on to this and is going back and disabling the mms (I'm sure at&t looks at all what people are doing to keep them from making money).
    Yeah it was there before , now its gone. So he did do it . Just not working ... the only thing that happend is like 3 of my icons all went to a faded dark fandango icon lol ....
    06-20-2009 03:28 PM
    Okay, you do understand you have to do the hack, right? All AT&T did is remove the opt out, you have to turn it on.

This all begs the question, why are some able to get AT&T do remove the opt out.....sweet talking....large sums of money....sex? anyway, like I've said, it seems even people who do get the hack to work have mms turn off after awhile when AT&T sees that the opt out is removed.
    06-20-2009 03:39 PM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD