The official OS 3.0 initial thoughts thread!

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Your company doesn't use exchange?! That is a bummer. Mine does and that's why I no longer miss the backberry experience. Sorry

gludington

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
I have enabled push notifications for the two apps I have installed that support it (Tap Tap 2 and AP Mobile), but have not received a single notification yet. Is the service (or these apps) not yet active, or have others received notifications already, which might suggest something wrong with my setup?

Edit: Set up textfree lite, and received notifications from it. Perhaps AP Mobile is not yet sending updates, or only in certain categories to which I have not subscribed...

Last edited:

icebike

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Field test mode Survived update to 3.0

Previously I had gone into field test mode to allow me to
toggle between Signal strength Bars and Decibel readings to judge signal strength.

Oddly enough this setting remained intact after upgrading to 3.0.
I would have expected to lose that.

Field test mode is entered by keying: *3001#12345#* then tap Call.
Lots of geeky stuff in there, none of which will hurt the phone. (not that
i recommend changing anything).

While in FTM you can toggle between bars and decibels by touching the bars up by the carrier label. When you exit field test mode by the home button it returns to normal.

But if you exit FTM and SLEEP the phone with the top button, you will retain the ability to switch back and forth between numbers and bars. (To undo this enter FTM again and press home).

I leave mine permanently with the option to switch back and forth enabled, because bars don't tell the truth. Numbers are much more accurate than bars. (Lower numbers are better).

Last edited:

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
because your mail only gets pushed if you are using certain mail servers, unlikely blackberry that will push any mail...

many of us came from blackberrys and miss that feature...

You had to pay for that. Email clients themselves do not push mail. Mail servers push mail. Try MobileMe. It's cheaper and synchs more than the Blackberry did.

linde

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
Ok, on my lunch break I just discovered something that is different.
I was listening to the iPod and received a text message and it gave no audible alert, only vibrated. VERY frustrating! I missed several text messages...do I really have to keep checking my phone every few minutes? Sometimes I will keep my phone in my purse while I am listening to the iPod...in that case, I would have NO NOTIFICATION of a text mssg.
I wish at least had an option to turn the audible alert off and on.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Calender prob In 3.0

I think I made a mistake. I went to sync my phone to my computer to upload a new app. for some reason I clicked on the sync calenders with this computer even though I sync over the air with mobile me. don't ask me why, I just did. do'h.
Now I have two sets of the exact same calender from Ical on my phone. I did a restore and foolishly restored from a backup=no change (didn't want to input all the info by hand) I unregistered my computer from mobile me, then re-registered and it asked if I wanted to merge the data I clicked "merge"= no change. I did a reset settings on the phone- no change. How on earth do I get rid of the double calender Info?:confused:

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I think I just found the answer. I went to my mobil me account on my IPhone turned off calenders then turned it back on and it asked if I wanted to merge the data I clicked merge and viola! one set of calenders again

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
okay, just called AT&T and NO MMS.. they said August!?!.. why?: apparently the system is not ready yet to handle everyone and they want to ensure across the board quality system use of MMS... pfftt!!! if that's so-man'o'mann.. they are bee-HIND!!!

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Ok, on my lunch break I just discovered something that is different.
I was listening to the iPod and received a text message and it gave no audible alert, only vibrated. VERY frustrating! I missed several text messages...do I really have to keep checking my phone every few minutes? Sometimes I will keep my phone in my purse while I am listening to the iPod...in that case, I would have NO NOTIFICATION of a text mssg.
I wish at least had an option to turn the audible alert off and on.

on mine the volume went down a little, but i dont think there was any notification either. thats the only reason i knew i had something though, i noticed that the music had gone down, then back up again.

calum86

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I don't understand. I have AP mobile but there is no signs of push notifications for it. Not in the app or the settings menu...

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I don't understand. I have AP mobile but there is no signs of push notifications for it. Not in the app or the settings menu...

It's not in the app. When you go to AP mobile a message should come up asking if you want to allow push or something to that effect.

Then when you go to push in the setting menu, you'll have AP mobile

calum86

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
It's not in the app. When you go to AP mobile a message should come up asking if you want to allow push or something to that effect.

Then when you go to push in the setting menu, you'll have AP mobile

Do you mean when I open the app a message should come up asking me if I want to allow push? Cos i've been in the app about 10 times and this hasn't happened. And it's not listed in the settings section either yet. Don't know what I'm doing wrong lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2