The official OS 3.0 initial thoughts thread!

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
When you push the home button while on the home screen, you get the spotlight search option. Was that already shown?

mfiera

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I know that everyone feels the same BUT I wanted to vent nonetheless.
How the hell can they release this new update and a new phone on Friday without getting AT&T on board to release MMS and tethering at the same time.and then leave us hanging without even a release date for the future??? To me those are the two main jewels of this update..sure all the other little things are nice but seriously..what a tease. I'm pretty sure I dated a girl once who's middle name must have been "AT&T".
OK..I feel a bit better now.

YoSoyJu

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
How the hell can they release this new update and a new phone on Friday without getting AT&T on board to release MMS and tethering at the same time.and then leave us hanging without even a release date for the future??? To me those are the two main jewels of this update..sure all the other little things are nice but seriously..what a tease. I'm pretty sure I dated a girl once who's middle name must have been "AT&T".

Maybe Apple is negotiating their next carrier contract out in the open?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm pretty happy so far.No problems getting it downloaded or installed.I realize some of the features are more app implemented so we'll just have to see about that.I have noticed things running a little smoother over all though.

mfiera

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Interesting...maybe someone else can try this as well...out of curiousity I had a friend try to send me a pix text...not only did I not get it (which was what I expected) BUT I also did not receive the password/login text for the AT&T webpage to get my picture. That could be a huge problem....

Raul Lugo

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site

I hear you, we all feel the pain....

Manny04

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else not gettin email push notification? I have the mail settings to push, and i also don't see an overall Push notification setting in the main iphone settings. Confused and disappointed with update so far

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Last edited:

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
People say they think the iphone its faster after this update, I say its just their imagination... if anything the damn App Store is SLOW.,,,,, but that could be cause of all people trying to download new stuff,,, but I dont think the update has made the Iphone any faster at all,,,,

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
People say they think the iphone its faster after this update, I say its just their imagination... if anything the damn App Store is SLOW.,,,,, but that could be cause of all people trying to download new stuff,,, but I dont think the update has made the Iphone any faster at all,,,,

You said it. Everyone is updating. All iTunes related stuff is slow.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I love it, it feels snappy! I love the tethering hack out too, via ben.at. I have been tethering on AT&T all day, and hardly any data has been used. If you havent done this yet, do it, tether for free!

Manny04

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
It has been mentioned in this exact thread that you must launch an app that supports push before it will show up in settings.

That I understand... I was primarily asking about mail because I get push notification for apps that have it. but not for mail. Wondering if anyone knew what the deal was. I have mail set to push for fetching data