The official OS 3.0 initial thoughts thread!

YoSoyJu

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
ummm well guess i won't need that then...but how do u do the stereo bluetooth??? and what else is updated on this new OS?? just bought the phone 3 days ago, sorry for all the ????'s

I can't post links, but go to the blog and look at the 3.0 Walkthrough to find out all about it.

digger#IM

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble getting through to the Apple server? I have downloaded the software itself but the update server is now busy and I can't apply the software I just downloaded! Anyone else in this boat?

Yup same here. I will keep trying. At least I still have a working phone

silentninja87

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
anyone else missing features of the 3.0 update. In the walkthrough it says that push notifications are available but they dont show up in the settings. Second the settings option for phishing for the internet browser dose not show up in the settings option. Also the internet thering option does not show up either. are those features just for the Iphone 3Gs??

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
anyone else missing features of the 3.0 update. In the walkthrough it says that push notifications are available but they dont show up in the settings. Second the settings option for phishing for the internet browser dose not show up in the settings option. Also the internet thering option does not show up either. are those features just for the Iphone 3Gs??

1. Push notifications will show up in settings once you launch an app that supports push.
2. You're right. Fraud alert isn't showing up for me either.
3. Tethering must be supported by your carrier. So if you're on AT&T, it will not be there.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site

i think you only see the push notifications if you have an app that supports it. download the ap news app, then it will tell you that it wants to send push notifications, say ok, then go to your general settings, it should be there on the top 3 now.

silentninja87

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Also auto login option for Wi Fi does not show up in the setting menu. And when I open a photo the options to send to mobile me does not show up nor does the MMS option. Will the MMS option show up when it is available?

Last edited:

YoSoyJu

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Also auto login option does not show up in the setting menu. And when I open a photo the options to send to mobile me does not show up nor does the MMS option. Will the MMS option show up when it is available?

All that stuff shows up if you have the option for it available. Set up your phone with a MobileMe account and it should show up.

gary_gnu

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
The first back up takes forever, but after that it runs really fast.

Now that it's got a full backup for me it's not even offering to back up the iPhone for me... each time Apple's Activation Server fails.

AAARGH!

IT'S MOBILEME ALL OVER AGAIN!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2