Just got my MMS working (o2 in the UK) and it's really good!!
    06-18-2009 07:27 AM
    Just got my MMS working (o2 in the UK) and it's really good!!
    What do you pay for data communication?
    06-18-2009 09:58 AM
    My company uses Exchange and they wont give me access to it without using a BB! Or so my boss told me! LAME.
    06-18-2009 11:06 AM
    because your mail only gets pushed if you are using certain mail servers, unlikely blackberry that will push any mail...

many of us came from blackberrys and miss that feature...
    You had to pay for that. Email clients themselves do not push mail. Mail servers push mail. Try MobileMe. It's cheaper and synchs more than the Blackberry did.
    06-18-2009 11:20 AM
    Ok, on my lunch break I just discovered something that is different.
    I was listening to the iPod and received a text message and it gave no audible alert, only vibrated. VERY frustrating! I missed several text messages...do I really have to keep checking my phone every few minutes? Sometimes I will keep my phone in my purse while I am listening to the iPod...in that case, I would have NO NOTIFICATION of a text mssg.
    I wish at least had an option to turn the audible alert off and on.
    06-18-2009 03:30 PM
    You had to pay for that. Email clients themselves do not push mail. Mail servers push mail. Try MobileMe. It's cheaper and synchs more than the Blackberry did.

i didn't pay anything, BIS is free to blackberry users BES is not...
    06-18-2009 03:41 PM
    I think I made a mistake. I went to sync my phone to my computer to upload a new app. for some reason I clicked on the sync calenders with this computer even though I sync over the air with mobile me. don't ask me why, I just did. do'h.
    Now I have two sets of the exact same calender from Ical on my phone. I did a restore and foolishly restored from a backup=no change (didn't want to input all the info by hand) I unregistered my computer from mobile me, then re-registered and it asked if I wanted to merge the data I clicked "merge"= no change. I did a reset settings on the phone- no change. How on earth do I get rid of the double calender Info?
    06-18-2009 10:41 PM
    I think I just found the answer. I went to my mobil me account on my IPhone turned off calenders then turned it back on and it asked if I wanted to merge the data I clicked merge and viola! one set of calenders again
    06-18-2009 11:02 PM
    okay, just called AT&T and NO MMS.. they said August!?!.. why?: apparently the system is not ready yet to handle everyone and they want to ensure across the board quality system use of MMS... pfftt!!! if that's so-man'o'mann.. they are bee-HIND!!!
    06-19-2009 10:47 AM
    okay, just called AT&T and NO MMS.. they said August!?!.. why?: apparently the system is not ready yet to handle everyone and they want to ensure across the board quality system use of MMS... pfftt!!! if that's so-man'o'mann.. they are bee-HIND!!!
    Rofl. Really? Welcome to June 8th!
    06-19-2009 11:54 AM
    you can copy and pic...and gives you an option to paste in a text but it dont attach whats up with that
    06-19-2009 12:16 PM
    Ok, on my lunch break I just discovered something that is different.
    I was listening to the iPod and received a text message and it gave no audible alert, only vibrated. VERY frustrating! I missed several text messages...do I really have to keep checking my phone every few minutes? Sometimes I will keep my phone in my purse while I am listening to the iPod...in that case, I would have NO NOTIFICATION of a text mssg.
    I wish at least had an option to turn the audible alert off and on.
    on mine the volume went down a little, but i dont think there was any notification either. thats the only reason i knew i had something though, i noticed that the music had gone down, then back up again.
    06-19-2009 01:12 PM
    I don't understand. I have AP mobile but there is no signs of push notifications for it. Not in the app or the settings menu...
    06-19-2009 11:07 PM
    I don't understand. I have AP mobile but there is no signs of push notifications for it. Not in the app or the settings menu...
    It's not in the app. When you go to AP mobile a message should come up asking if you want to allow push or something to that effect.

Then when you go to push in the setting menu, you'll have AP mobile
    06-19-2009 11:15 PM
    It's not in the app. When you go to AP mobile a message should come up asking if you want to allow push or something to that effect.

Then when you go to push in the setting menu, you'll have AP mobile
    Do you mean when I open the app a message should come up asking me if I want to allow push? Cos i've been in the app about 10 times and this hasn't happened. And it's not listed in the settings section either yet. Don't know what I'm doing wrong lol.
    06-20-2009 06:22 AM
    My favorite part is the 2x podcast playback speed. Never would have expected it to be so, but you really don't notice how slow people talk until you listen to them at twice the speed. Makes listening more effective when that's what you are after.

I also like sending threatening messages to myself via MobileMe. Haven't tested the alarm yet.
    06-20-2009 09:25 AM
    Not sure either. I opened the AP app and it asked if I would like to enable push notifications and then it showed up in the settings menu. I just haven't received any notifications??
    06-20-2009 03:21 PM
    Figured it out bout AP mobile, I can't get push for it cos I'm in the uk! Don't know why though.
    06-21-2009 03:05 PM
    I started getting push notifications right after my las post!
    06-21-2009 03:07 PM
    Not sure either. I opened the AP app and it asked if I would like to enable push notifications and then it showed up in the settings menu. I just haven't received any notifications??
    It takes awhile. It's only for new stuff that'll you get a push, I believe.
    06-21-2009 03:34 PM
    Why can you only get push notifications for AP mobile if you set your region in the app to the US?
    06-21-2009 07:52 PM
    I think AP is only pushing for breaking news.
    06-21-2009 07:59 PM
147 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD