People say they think the iphone its faster after this update, I say its just their imagination... if anything the damn App Store is SLOW.,,,,, but that could be cause of all people trying to download new stuff,,, but I dont think the update has made the Iphone any faster at all,,,,
    06-17-2009 07:59 PM
    People say they think the iphone its faster after this update, I say its just their imagination... if anything the damn App Store is SLOW.,,,,, but that could be cause of all people trying to download new stuff,,, but I dont think the update has made the Iphone any faster at all,,,,
    You said it. Everyone is updating. All iTunes related stuff is slow.
    06-17-2009 08:04 PM
    I love it, it feels snappy! I love the tethering hack out too, via ben.at. I have been tethering on AT&T all day, and hardly any data has been used. If you havent done this yet, do it, tether for free!
    06-17-2009 08:15 PM
    [QUOTE=llofte;1486635]It has been mentioned in this exact thread that you must launch an app that supports push before it will show up in settings.

That I understand... I was primarily asking about mail because I get push notification for apps that have it. but not for mail. Wondering if anyone knew what the deal was. I have mail set to push for fetching data
    06-17-2009 08:19 PM
    Well so far push notification is missing. It was there before 3.0. And no mms. I mean no way for me to insert picture. No for it.
    06-17-2009 08:28 PM
    I'm a bit confused here. Are you saying that push email isn't working?
    06-17-2009 08:30 PM
    is anyone else having problems with wifi and bluetooth? i can't get mine to work. it is greyed out and says "no wifi", i've restarted, reinstalled, rebooted, i even reset my wireless router.
    06-17-2009 08:35 PM
    I'm saying there is no sign of it on my phone. Go to settings and it's not there.
    06-17-2009 08:36 PM
    Push notifications won't work until more apps come out with the ability to use push notifications. It will be slow but soon more and more apps will give you the option for push.

MMS will not work if your Carrier doesn't support it. Those in the US can't use MMS because ATT hasn't enabled it yet. Sometime this summer is when ATT will enable the MMS.
    06-17-2009 08:38 PM
    Love the Bluetooth Stereo.
    Question.....The little dots towards the bottom of the screen. They reflect the number of menu pages on the phone. Why does mine start with the second? I cant get to page one, everything starts on the second page.
    Each page can support up to 16 icons. On 2 pages I have 15 icons and the 16th on a page by itself. Can this be fixed?
    06-17-2009 08:47 PM
    Love the Bluetooth Stereo.
    Question.....The little dots towards the bottom of the screen. They reflect the number of menu pages on the phone. Why does mine start with the second? I cant get to page one, everything starts on the second page.
    Each page can support up to 16 icons. On 2 pages I have 15 icons and the 16th on a page by itself. Can this be fixed?
    The leftmost one is the search.
    06-17-2009 08:49 PM
    The leftmost one is the search.
    I see said the blind man.

What about moving the icons so all 16 are on one page?
    06-17-2009 08:53 PM
    I wouldn't know myself because I haven't finished upgrading yet; I simply read the walkthroughs and watched the video tour. Have you tried moving the solo one to the other page?
    06-17-2009 08:54 PM
    Well so far push notification is missing. It was there before 3.0. And no mms. I mean no way for me to insert picture. No for it.
    Push notification of what though? You need apps with push, for push. Something magically just doesnt happen. Be more precise, I'd love to help
    06-17-2009 08:55 PM
    I see said the blind man.

What about moving the icons so all 16 are on one page?

You talking about holding the app down until it wiggles and you can move it???
    06-17-2009 08:56 PM
    Anyone get the find my iphone feature to work? Everytime I try to enable it in Mobileme account settings the switch just clicks back to off. I'm really stumped by this.
    06-17-2009 08:57 PM
    I was able to turn on and shut off push. But now it's gone I cannot not do either.
    06-17-2009 09:04 PM
    3.0 was a bust.....No real neat stuff...Cut & paste has been around on other phones for years....Apple should have waited for AT&T to support MMS then we would all be sending pictures around tonight (another feature that has been around on other phones for years)...And 3.0 should have had Video.....

I feel like a kid just after opening up all the Christmas Presents....
    06-17-2009 09:25 PM
    Am I the only person that couldn't care less about MMS? Email has served me quite well when it comes to sending photos.
    06-17-2009 09:27 PM
    Well, what are you going to do when someone tries to send you photos, huh? Of course, if they know you're email account, they can, but it's better if they can just send to your phone number (like most cell phones).
    06-17-2009 09:34 PM
    Does it wipe out all existing bluetooth relationships?
    No. I have half a dozen pairings and it remembered them all. It was automatically able to detect and use stereo headsets. No control required. Cool.
    06-17-2009 09:36 PM
    iPhone 3.0 software updated fine, took quiet some time, mostly for the back-up process.. however, i use MediaMonkey to load music onto the iPhone's iPod, NOT iTunes.. and after the update, all my iPod content is now missing!! :-(
    i hate^infinite loop-power iTunes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-17-2009 09:37 PM
    3.0 was a bust.....No real neat stuff...Cut & paste has been around on other phones for years....Apple should have waited for AT&T to support MMS then we would all be sending pictures around tonight (another feature that has been around on other phones for years)
    So because other phones have had these features for a long time, you're advising to not upgrade to 3.0 and continue to do without them on the iPhone?

I feel like a kid just after opening up all the Christmas Presents....
    Not sure how to interpret this. You got lousy presents for Xmas?
    06-17-2009 09:39 PM
    Well, what are you going to do when someone tries to send you photos, huh? Of course, if they know you're email account, they can, but it's better if they can just send to your phone number (like most cell phones).
    No one's ever tried to send me pictures via MMS; they always arrive by email. Makes even more sense when you consider the exorbitant rates companies charge for SMS/MMS when email already does it all. In any case, the 3.0 upgrade is quite welcomed even if it's not everything we'd ever want.
    06-17-2009 09:43 PM
    I know that everyone feels the same BUT I wanted to vent nonetheless.
    How the hell can they release this new update and a new phone on Friday without getting AT&T on board to release MMS and tethering at the same time.and then leave us hanging without even a release date for the future??? To me those are the two main jewels of this update..sure all the other little things are nice but seriously..what a tease. I'm pretty sure I dated a girl once who's middle name must have been "AT&T".
    OK..I feel a bit better now.
    AT&T is on board with all the other phones. The issue here is the below market unlimited data rate of $30/month that Apple negotiated for you. AT&T does not block any of these services on phones where they get to charge the market rate, closer to $60/month. One cannot have one's cake and eat it too. Not only does AT&T lose money on each phone but iPhone users use more data than AT&T foresaw, and Apple is selling more of them.
    Last edited by whmurray; 06-17-2009 at 09:47 PM.
    06-17-2009 09:45 PM
147 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD