My initial thought: damn, it's taking forever to back up my iPhone.

It failed once already, too.
    The first back up takes forever, but after that it runs really fast.
    06-17-2009 04:41 PM
    Also auto login option does not show up in the setting menu. And when I open a photo the options to send to mobile me does not show up nor does the MMS option. Will the MMS option show up when it is available?
    All that stuff shows up if you have the option for it available. Set up your phone with a MobileMe account and it should show up.
    06-17-2009 04:42 PM
    The first back up takes forever, but after that it runs really fast.
    Now that it's got a full backup for me it's not even offering to back up the iPhone for me... each time Apple's Activation Server fails.

AAARGH!

IT'S MOBILEME ALL OVER AGAIN!
    06-17-2009 04:52 PM
    I thought that beejive supported push? I downloaded it and there's nothing...
    06-17-2009 05:02 PM
    I didn't see push notifications until I opened the tap tap app and then it appeared in my settings.
    06-17-2009 05:04 PM
    I thought that beejive supported push? I downloaded it and there's nothing...
    I don't think the update that supports push has been released yet.
    06-17-2009 05:06 PM
    I don't think the update that supports push has been released yet.
    Ya you're right, the only app I have that supports push is tap tap
    06-17-2009 05:23 PM
    Anyone else have the numerical battery after the upgrade?
    06-17-2009 05:24 PM
    Anyone else have to accept a change in Terms and Conditions for the App Store?
    06-17-2009 05:29 PM
    yep I read it and accepted it. it looks as though Apple is trying to close the loopholes on a few things.
    06-17-2009 05:36 PM
    When you push the home button while on the home screen, you get the spotlight search option. Was that already shown?
    06-17-2009 05:42 PM
    I know that everyone feels the same BUT I wanted to vent nonetheless.
    How the hell can they release this new update and a new phone on Friday without getting AT&T on board to release MMS and tethering at the same time.and then leave us hanging without even a release date for the future??? To me those are the two main jewels of this update..sure all the other little things are nice but seriously..what a tease. I'm pretty sure I dated a girl once who's middle name must have been "AT&T".
    OK..I feel a bit better now.
    06-17-2009 05:45 PM
    How the hell can they release this new update and a new phone on Friday without getting AT&T on board to release MMS and tethering at the same time.and then leave us hanging without even a release date for the future??? To me those are the two main jewels of this update..sure all the other little things are nice but seriously..what a tease. I'm pretty sure I dated a girl once who's middle name must have been "AT&T".
    Maybe Apple is negotiating their next carrier contract out in the open?
    06-17-2009 05:47 PM
    I'm pretty happy so far.No problems getting it downloaded or installed.I realize some of the features are more app implemented so we'll just have to see about that.I have noticed things running a little smoother over all though.
    06-17-2009 05:47 PM
    When you push the home button while on the home screen, you get the spotlight search option. Was that already shown?
    I don't really like that feature,I'm searching for a way to disable it.
    06-17-2009 05:48 PM
    Maybe Apple is negotiating their next carrier contract out in the open?
    Verizon is getting their IPhone in September.
    06-17-2009 05:49 PM
    Verizon is getting their IPhone in September.
    Where in the world did you get that info...I don't believe it!
    06-17-2009 05:51 PM
    Anyone else have the numerical battery after the upgrade?
    I was looking for that in the settings. I can't find it yet.
    06-17-2009 05:52 PM
    Interesting...maybe someone else can try this as well...out of curiousity I had a friend try to send me a pix text...not only did I not get it (which was what I expected) BUT I also did not receive the password/login text for the AT&T webpage to get my picture. That could be a huge problem....
    06-17-2009 05:52 PM
    Where in the world did you get that info...I don't believe it!
    From Verizon..or at least from the manager at my neighborhood Verizon store..take it for what it's worth I guess.
    06-17-2009 05:54 PM
    I hear you, we all feel the pain....
    06-17-2009 06:00 PM
    From Verizon..or at least from the manager at my neighborhood Verizon store..take it for what it's worth I guess.
    Not happening. ATT has iPhone for at least another year if not longer. Verizon is SOL.
    06-17-2009 06:15 PM
    Anyone else not gettin email push notification? I have the mail settings to push, and i also don't see an overall Push notification setting in the main iphone settings. Confused and disappointed with update so far
    06-17-2009 06:53 PM
    Anyone else not gettin email push notification? I have the mail settings to push, and i also don't see an overall Push notification setting in the main iphone settings. Confused and disappointed with update so far
    It has been mentioned in this exact thread that you must launch an app that supports push before it will show up in settings.

Here as well http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...ification.html
    Last edited by Leanna Lofte; 06-17-2009 at 07:39 PM.
    06-17-2009 07:08 PM
    It's nice, I really like it. Makes me even more excited about friday. Only 2 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-17-2009 07:32 PM
147 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD