I'm kind of let down by this.. Things I wanted aren't even avalible yet, such as push notification and copy paste through all apps.. I also give it a 3/10.
    the push notifications i think will come with more apps utilizing them, and mine is still updating as i type this, but i thought the copy and paste did work thru all apps.
    06-17-2009 03:10 PM
    Anyone figure out of to find location of a photo taken?
    06-17-2009 03:12 PM
    No MMS yet for Rogers it seams...
    06-17-2009 03:13 PM
    Uhh that first part...showing album art, song info, etc

Thats been there...before 3.0
    it only showed the album artwork and the song name when the phone was locked pre 3.0
    06-17-2009 03:15 PM
    Does it wipe out all existing bluetooth relationships?
    06-17-2009 03:25 PM
    I'm confused. So did we get push notification with this update or not? Are we waiting for apps to catch up? I'm really confused...
    06-17-2009 03:40 PM
    STEREO BLUETOOTH!!!! That is all that I needed!

Thanks Apple
    06-17-2009 03:42 PM
    Love the "Find My Phone" feature! just tried it and it worked GREAT!!!!
    06-17-2009 03:42 PM
    the push notifications i think will come with more apps utilizing them, and mine is still updating as i type this, but i thought the copy and paste did work thru all apps.
    Push Notifications and CC&P are APIs that developers can integrate into their apps. It doesn't mean that every app will have it all of a sudden.
    06-17-2009 03:50 PM
    Is anyone else having trouble getting through to the Apple server? I have downloaded the software itself but the update server is now busy and I can't apply the software I just downloaded! Anyone else in this boat?
    06-17-2009 03:55 PM
    i'm a iPhone rook so help me out....where do i find the "Find My Phone" option and how do i do the stereo bluetooth thingy????
    06-17-2009 03:56 PM
    Does it wipe out all existing bluetooth relationships?
    No it doesn't
    06-17-2009 03:56 PM
    i'm a iPhone rook so help me out....where do i find the "Find My Phone" option and how do i do the stereo bluetooth thingy????
    Find My iPhone is a MobileMe feature which is an Apple service that costs $99 a year. Stereo Bluetooth I believe pairs just like any bluetooth device. Only difference is that you can then select it as an audio output device.
    06-17-2009 03:58 PM
    landscape keyboard is nice. i have not had the need to use copy cut paste yet although i am sure i will need it sometime soon. i hope att hurries and makes it so i can use MMS i would like to send pics to my friends and get them back.
    06-17-2009 04:01 PM
    Find My iPhone is a MobileMe feature which is an Apple service that costs $99 a year. Stereo Bluetooth I believe pairs just like any bluetooth device. Only difference is that you can then select it as an audio output device.
    ummm well guess i won't need that then...but how do u do the stereo bluetooth??? and what else is updated on this new OS?? just bought the phone 3 days ago, sorry for all the ????'s
    06-17-2009 04:01 PM
    ummm well guess i won't need that then...but how do u do the stereo bluetooth??? and what else is updated on this new OS?? just bought the phone 3 days ago, sorry for all the ????'s
    Rene posted an awesome walkthrough. You should check it out. It'll probably answer most (if not all) of your questions

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/06...e-walkthrough/
    06-17-2009 04:07 PM
    I can't post links, but go to the blog and look at the 3.0 Walkthrough to find out all about it.
    06-17-2009 04:09 PM
    Is anyone else having trouble getting through to the Apple server? I have downloaded the software itself but the update server is now busy and I can't apply the software I just downloaded! Anyone else in this boat?
    Yup same here. I will keep trying. At least I still have a working phone
    06-17-2009 04:17 PM
    So far everything's going great for me after the 3.0 update.

Finally MMS
    06-17-2009 04:22 PM
    i'm really enjoying the new features so far! downloaded the ap news app and now push notifications!
    06-17-2009 04:24 PM
    anyone else missing features of the 3.0 update. In the walkthrough it says that push notifications are available but they dont show up in the settings. Second the settings option for phishing for the internet browser dose not show up in the settings option. Also the internet thering option does not show up either. are those features just for the Iphone 3Gs??
    06-17-2009 04:27 PM
    anyone else missing features of the 3.0 update. In the walkthrough it says that push notifications are available but they dont show up in the settings. Second the settings option for phishing for the internet browser dose not show up in the settings option. Also the internet thering option does not show up either. are those features just for the Iphone 3Gs??
    1. Push notifications will show up in settings once you launch an app that supports push.
    2. You're right. Fraud alert isn't showing up for me either.
    3. Tethering must be supported by your carrier. So if you're on AT&T, it will not be there.
    06-17-2009 04:30 PM
    i think you only see the push notifications if you have an app that supports it. download the ap news app, then it will tell you that it wants to send push notifications, say ok, then go to your general settings, it should be there on the top 3 now.
    06-17-2009 04:31 PM
    My initial thought: damn, it's taking forever to back up my iPhone.

It failed once already, too.
    06-17-2009 04:39 PM
    Also auto login option for Wi Fi does not show up in the setting menu. And when I open a photo the options to send to mobile me does not show up nor does the MMS option. Will the MMS option show up when it is available?
    Last edited by silentninja87; 06-17-2009 at 04:42 PM.
    06-17-2009 04:40 PM
147 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD