The official OS 3.0 initial thoughts thread!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
You could change it to just one of 5 options. There were really only 2 worth having. Can you customize it now?

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
You can now change text messages so they don't pop on the screen. That's a good idea I think.

Overall it's not really that big of update. The copy paste is good but nothing groundbreaking, since it's Bren around on othe cell phones.
The new push funcionality will show once more apps come out with support for it , just the same way with peer to peer.
MMS wouldve been great to have but it'll have to wait.
I give this update a 3 out of 5.

Hor

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
The only thing I like is the landscape keyboard. I REALLY wanted a video recorder though... But I don't really want to shell out another $200 to upgrade to the 3Gs.. oh well.

westy_556

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Itunes

Is it just me or itunes playing up

ive downloaded 3.0 and installed but now my phone stuck in recov mode coz itunes wont connect to the activation screen?

anything to do with me having the GM already installed :( i hope not

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
Anyone else notice you can use the phone and sync at the same time? It did it one time... and while it was backing up my phone after the update I was able to use it....

Last edited:

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Everything is faster , i really like that. CC+P is great across apps. New icons are nice. search is great. HTTP stream is great.

thatiphoneguy

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm kind of let down by this.. Things I wanted aren't even avalible yet, such as push notification and copy paste through all apps.. I also give it a 3/10.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods