Hi all,

I know this is very sad but I am very excited about getting the new update (was up at 6am - baby woke up but was hubby's turn to deal with it - checked iTunes, but no joy).

I am CONSIDERING nipping home at lunchtime as only work round the corner from my house but don't really want to waste the petrol if it is still not going to be available.

So could any UK users that ARE hanging around in front of their iTunes waiting for the update, if any of you get it, can you post on here and I will bookmark the page and keep checking it.

Cheers guys,

Abi.
    06-17-2009 07:20 AM
    Will let you know as soon as. I'm checking every 5-10mintues
    06-17-2009 07:28 AM
    Man...it wont be out before 5 P.M on UK, Portugal and Ireland...so, you can relax a bit...
    06-17-2009 07:29 AM
    6am PST is 2pm GMT assuming the rumoured 6am PST release time is correct.
    06-17-2009 07:38 AM
    Thanks Rodent. Antonioj, where did u get this information? I can't find any information anywhere of a definitive release time? I read somewhere that it may be 3pm... or midday (but obviously not).
    06-17-2009 07:38 AM
    I've come home from work early too - no joy yet though!

I will post when it's available in iTunes for me
    06-17-2009 07:39 AM
    Here's hoping its 2pm.... I could take a LATE lunch! hehe
    06-17-2009 07:40 AM
    I've heard midnight, 6am PST, 10am PST, 6pm GMT, even not till tomorrow. Fact is, those who wish to wait till 6pm GMT or tomorrow can do so, but if it comes out earlier, I'm there to catch it.
    06-17-2009 07:41 AM
    Thanks Rodent. Antonioj, where did u get this information? I can't find any information anywhere of a definitive release time? I read somewhere that it may be 3pm... or midday (but obviously not).
    Reliable sources (apple employees, european carriers - Telia from Sweden said 7 pm, so...)
    06-17-2009 07:41 AM
    Antonioj... ok. I stand corrected. Maybe it will be 6pm uk time then.

Either way, if its earlier, hopefully someone will post it on here!

Will leave work at 5pm to go pick up my son and probably won't be able to then log onto iTunes to check until after 7pm when he goes to bed so hopefully by then it will be out. I hope there won't be problems downloading it if it is at 6pm (if everyone is downloading at the same time...).
    06-17-2009 08:09 AM
    So to stave off the boredom while we wait, what is your favourite addition that comes with the update? Mine is probably picture messaging (although I wonder if this will be useable within my o2 free texts) and cut and paste.... but also quite looking forward to the Push Notification side of things. If I have it right, it means that apps like Facebook will be able to notify me as and when new messages appear!

Not particularly impressed with the calendar.... I will probably continue to use Pocket Informant as I use my google calendar a lot and wouldn't want to only see my calendar on the iphone (I don't use Outlook or Exchange).
    06-17-2009 08:32 AM
    Push notifications. Micro Transactions and Peer-to-peer. Also it's about time they sorted out the stereo bluetooth and tethering! + the MobileME ability to 'find' your phone if you lose it. Originally it was extortionate amounts for a MobileME account, but this feature alone makes it well worth while.

I look forward to seeing what app developers are going to come out with re Micro Transactions and Peer-to-peer. Unfortunately I see that by having the Compass on the iPhone 3GS, and people building apps which utilise that SDK, we may see some navigation apps which we won't be able to use as iPhone 3G owners or will be substancially limited.
    06-17-2009 08:47 AM
    Oh and bloody being able to attach multiple pictures in emails...
    06-17-2009 08:53 AM
    What exactly does the stereo bluetooth enable you to do?

Ah, seriously? You can add multiple pictures in emails? That's cool.
    06-17-2009 08:55 AM
    It handles high quality audio. Which can send audio to any bluetooth enabled device.

Still no 3.0 guess it's 6pm then.
    06-17-2009 09:16 AM
    Bum! That sucks! Hope it really is 6pm and today doesn't just go past with no update! I will be sooooo pissed off!
    06-17-2009 09:36 AM
    Nothing yet, I'm assuming???
    06-17-2009 11:09 AM
    Still nothing.
    06-17-2009 11:11 AM
    If nothing else this afternoon I've re-arranged some music in my iTunes playlists....and pressed that check for update button like 10,000 times by now.
    06-17-2009 11:13 AM
    I'm at work and don't have iTunes on my laptop. Am hoping by the time I get home it will be availalbe for download (that will be after 6pm).
    06-17-2009 11:18 AM
    It's horrible to think that the developers, and other apple staff involved in the roll out of 3.0 had a lovely nights sleep, are lazily waking up about now, getting ready for work leasurely, while thousands of people fruitlessly click the 'Check for Update' button.
    06-17-2009 11:31 AM
    I'm at work and don't have iTunes on my laptop. Am hoping by the time I get home it will be availalbe for download (that will be after 6pm).
    All signs are pointing to a 6pm (our time) release now, or later!
    06-17-2009 11:36 AM
    I'd agree. Left work early as not enough to do... gonna check now but doubt it will be out!
    06-17-2009 11:59 AM
    Nope. As I suspected. Nothing! Bastards!!! Why do they have to make us wait until 6pm (or later!!!!). They say its available from the 17th June they shouldn't make us wait all sodding day!!!!
    06-17-2009 12:03 PM
    It doesn't make much sense to me either, a timebased rollout seems far more logical, less server issues as the downloads are 'relatively' staggered. And everyone is happy. If it wasn't completely ready, I'd have left it another day till it was, and then stagger the rollout.
    06-17-2009 12:22 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD