iPhone OS 3.0 Update - UK users - please post here

abishepherd

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

I know this is very sad but I am very excited about getting the new update (was up at 6am - baby woke up but was hubby's turn to deal with it - checked iTunes, but no joy).

I am CONSIDERING nipping home at lunchtime as only work round the corner from my house but don't really want to waste the petrol if it is still not going to be available.

So could any UK users that ARE hanging around in front of their iTunes waiting for the update, if any of you get it, can you post on here and I will bookmark the page and keep checking it.

Cheers guys,

Abi.

abishepherd

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Rodent. Antonioj, where did u get this information? I can't find any information anywhere of a definitive release time? I read somewhere that it may be 3pm... or midday (but obviously not).

Rodent

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I've heard midnight, 6am PST, 10am PST, 6pm GMT, even not till tomorrow. Fact is, those who wish to wait till 6pm GMT or tomorrow can do so, but if it comes out earlier, I'm there to catch it.

antonioj

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Rodent. Antonioj, where did u get this information? I can't find any information anywhere of a definitive release time? I read somewhere that it may be 3pm... or midday (but obviously not).

Reliable sources (apple employees, european carriers - Telia from Sweden said 7 pm, so...)

abishepherd

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Antonioj... ok. I stand corrected. Maybe it will be 6pm uk time then.

Either way, if its earlier, hopefully someone will post it on here!

Will leave work at 5pm to go pick up my son and probably won't be able to then log onto iTunes to check until after 7pm when he goes to bed so hopefully by then it will be out. I hope there won't be problems downloading it if it is at 6pm (if everyone is downloading at the same time...).

abishepherd

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
So to stave off the boredom while we wait, what is your favourite addition that comes with the update? Mine is probably picture messaging (although I wonder if this will be useable within my o2 free texts) and cut and paste.... but also quite looking forward to the Push Notification side of things. If I have it right, it means that apps like Facebook will be able to notify me as and when new messages appear!

Not particularly impressed with the calendar.... I will probably continue to use Pocket Informant as I use my google calendar a lot and wouldn't want to only see my calendar on the iphone (I don't use Outlook or Exchange).

Rodent

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Push notifications. Micro Transactions and Peer-to-peer. Also it's about time they sorted out the stereo bluetooth and tethering! + the MobileME ability to 'find' your phone if you lose it. Originally it was extortionate amounts for a MobileME account, but this feature alone makes it well worth while.

I look forward to seeing what app developers are going to come out with re Micro Transactions and Peer-to-peer. Unfortunately I see that by having the Compass on the iPhone 3GS, and people building apps which utilise that SDK, we may see some navigation apps which we won't be able to use as iPhone 3G owners or will be substancially limited.

abishepherd

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm at work and don't have iTunes on my laptop. Am hoping by the time I get home it will be availalbe for download (that will be after 6pm).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2