The Official Staying up Until Midnight for 3.0 Thread.

Will you be Staying up for 3.0?

• Yes I can't wait

Votes: 122 70.9%
  • No I need my sleep.

Votes: 50 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harleyman

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like alot of people are havin problems........ I think I will wait a couple of days.... Good luck to everyone out there trying to up grade to 3.0

CorvZ061

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Well, my fiance upgraded to 3.0 at 12:10 pm central time today, but I upgraded last Friday. lol. I guess the first couple of downloads made it through without crashing the server?

xcalibur8781

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I couldn't get iTunes working, either, on the handset. It turns out my wifi stopped working after the firmware update. I have to switch to 3G, now, to make it work. Is anyone else having wifi issues?

When I'm connected to wifi everything seems to work, but my problem right now is that my phone keeps disconnecting and not automatically joining my wifi network. I'm not sure if it is my linksys router or my phone, but since this is the first time I have noticed it doing it, I'm suspecting 3.0. I just have to manually go into settings and rejoin the network.

I'm gonna see how it goes while I'm at work today connected to a different router.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Sorry. Have two BT stereo head sets with me but I am reluctant to try them sitting in this presentation.
I could not find a control to use for stereo. If I turned on the iPod it played through the speakers, not through my BT. I finally gave up looking for the control, turned off my mono headset and turned on a stereo headset. It started to play. Said another way, the iPhone recognizes the difference between mono and stereo headsets and adapts its behavior accordingly. No control is required.

The sound quality is a function of the headset but with my Plantronics 590, I am not able to distinguish the quality from my best wired headset. I have not yet tested the distance that I can be from the phone. I will report.

Last edited:

nesee83

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Me one two million

I'm a new iPhone user. With reading all the blogs and comments saying that there were similar problems with the 2.0 update I crazy. Why would you continuously release the update later in the morning when eveyone is downloading the update at once. Allowing iPhone users the choice of downloading at midnight makes more sense
And yes I stayed up for midnight

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
.......................The sound quality is a function of the headset but with my Plantronics 590, I am not able to distinguish the quality from my best wired headset. I have not yet tested the distance that I can be from the phone. I will report.

Left the iPhone in the car and went to the dumpster. As expected, the Plantronics 260 cut out. Walking back, I noted when the signal returned and paced off 20 meters back to the car.

Used the Plantronics 260 on a conference call for an hour yesterday; no complaints from the other seven people on the call.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox