The Official Staying up Until Midnight for 3.0 Thread.

Will you be Staying up for 3.0?

• Yes I can't wait

Votes: 122 70.9%
  • No I need my sleep.

Votes: 50 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rjmancia

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
PHEWWWW..... i got it activated.. off to work... nice talking to all and waiting with u guys... also does anyone know when the MMS will be available???

icowrich

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
wifi issues

I couldn't get iTunes working, either, on the handset. It turns out my wifi stopped working after the firmware update. I have to switch to 3G, now, to make it work. Is anyone else having wifi issues?

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
3.0 has been happily running for me the past few hours BUT despite 3 tries to sync, I cannot get my music synced to my phone. When I connect to iTunes it runs a sync perfectly, and the little bar chart that shows how full your iphone is is showing 6GB of music, but when I try to access it on my phone it isn't there. help?

I get an error message when the sync is complete saying that it was unable to sync. Any ideas of how I can fix it?

Last edited:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
3.0 has been happily running for me the past few hours BUT despite 3 tries to sync, I cannot get my music synced to my phone. When I connect to iTunes it runs a sync perfectly, and the little bar chart that shows how full your iphone is is showing 6GB of music, but when I try to access it on my phone it isn't there. help?

I get an error message when the sync is complete saying that it was unable to sync. Any ideas of how I can fix it?

Yes. I do not like it. I expect you to like it less. Last resort.

0. Do not back up. Do not sync.

1. Connect.

2. Click "restore" to re-initialize the iPhone. At the end of the initialization, you should be offered a choice of backup images. Chose the last minus one.

3. Y'all be caahful, ya heah?

NightcrawlerZK

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Hellpppp

Alright so I stayed up like everyone else waiting for this thing to come out.
1 o clock comes around, and my anxious self quickly updates.

I was jailbroken and all my apps(including Settings!!!) were hidden. Now I have no jailbreak, no settings, and no apps.

Anyway to downgrade, or SOMETHING!?!:(:confused:

Edit: Nevermind, restored, SUCCESS!!

Last edited:

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Yes. I do not like it. I expect you to like it less. Last resort.

0. Do not back up. Do not sync.

1. Connect.

2. Click "restore" to re-initialize the iPhone. At the end of the initialization, you should be offered a choice of backup images. Chose the last minus one.

3. Y'all be caahful, ya heah?

This was what my last resort was going to be. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but I guess I'm going to have to. Bummer.

TheCarBlogger

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Guys, HERE is the solution for everyone with bricked iPhones. This even applies to those who were in the middle of downloading the software and got abruptly disconnected.

1. Turn off your iPhone and quit iTunes. Unplug your iPhone from your computer as well.

2. Replug your iPhone into your computer. iTunes will automatically open and ask you to update.

3. Click "Update"

Pay attention to the next step: crucial.

4. Right after clicking "Update", disconnect (that's right, DISconnect) your Internet connection.

5. Instead of the dreaded rejection message, your iPhone will still be updating. I'm still clueless as to how this is achieved sans Internet. Your iPhone will flicker once and a progress bar will show. After that progress bar has been filled, another progress bar will appear. Wait time for this one is shorter than the first.

6. Your iPhone will now show a "Connect to iTunes." It is bricked at this moment and only Emergency calls can be made. No worries though.

7. Quit your iTunes again.

8. Reconnect your Internet connection.

9. Open iTunes again.

10. Your iPhone/iPhone 3G is now "activated".

--

Ta-da. Your iPhone should say that it is activated now. It did for mine and I am tremendously happy and dumbfounded as to how this worked. But it works.

In the case of Rogers, you will also be prompted for a carrier update. Click "Yes". It's very short and harmless. :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner