The Official Staying up Until Midnight for 3.0 Thread.

Will you be Staying up for 3.0?

• Yes I can't wait

Votes: 122 70.9%
  • No I need my sleep.

Votes: 50 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Megarain

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Wow. Apple really is trying to kill their servers. A midnight release, even if it did crash things, would have meant that the general user populace would have had a much easier time. I mean, they wouldn't have been shoved out by all us geeks who just had to have it.

siddfinch

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
It's a prank -- in most browsers now, you can "inspect element", type in 18 instead of 17, and reload the page. I just tested this, and with a simple screenshot it can appear as saying June 18th.

So, until the majority of the day passes, I wouldn't lose hope

Megarain

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
It's a prank -- in most browsers now, you can "inspect element", type in 18 instead of 17, and reload the page. I just tested this, and with a simple screenshot it can appear as saying June 18th.

Same here. Also, all the markets they quoted are the ones that apple has to....restrict things with.

shadofall

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site

its not a prank its idiots not knowing the difference in dates/time zones and that the 18th page is the freaking Singapore page.

9am PST on june 17th is 12:00am june 18th in Singapore

if people actually bothered to pay attention the the very subtle diffrences in the url they might understand this. but then again oh im just going to shut up now before i say something to insult 98% of the world

dxer

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
if they are outsourcing their help desk in India for example it would be released much earlier in the day. But because they are waiting for their help desk to open 9 am EST or so this is why they are holding it.

daniellyx

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
hey guys.. here in singapore the release date for the update would only be at 18th june. Thus something tells me that it would only be release after 12pm (new york time), this is as singapore time is directly opposite from new york.. thus 12am here in sg = 18th june... just sharing my thoughts ^.^

grippy

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
this waiting while checking forums reminds me when WOW realm are down and everyone keep refreshing Blizzard forums to see what the heck is going on... CMON APPLE kick it out now!!! :cool:

IcyMike

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure they are waiting for AT&T customer service which opens at 7am pacific time. Can't release it without having them on standby for all the newbies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR