View Poll Results: Will you be Staying up for 3.0?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I can't wait

122 70.93%
  • No I need my sleep.

50 29.07%
    I flew to Singapore so I could get it first.............
    06-18-2009 11:27 AM
    Making a new voice memo in 3.0....... "Never stay up all night for a stupid upgrade again!"
    06-18-2009 11:36 AM
    Sorry. Have two BT stereo head sets with me but I am reluctant to try them sitting in this presentation.
    I could not find a control to use for stereo. If I turned on the iPod it played through the speakers, not through my BT. I finally gave up looking for the control, turned off my mono headset and turned on a stereo headset. It started to play. Said another way, the iPhone recognizes the difference between mono and stereo headsets and adapts its behavior accordingly. No control is required.

The sound quality is a function of the headset but with my Plantronics 590, I am not able to distinguish the quality from my best wired headset. I have not yet tested the distance that I can be from the phone. I will report.
    Last edited by whmurray; 06-19-2009 at 10:09 AM.
    06-18-2009 02:20 PM
    I'm a new iPhone user. With reading all the blogs and comments saying that there were similar problems with the 2.0 update I crazy. Why would you continuously release the update later in the morning when eveyone is downloading the update at once. Allowing iPhone users the choice of downloading at midnight makes more sense
    And yes I stayed up for midnight
    06-18-2009 04:58 PM
    .......................The sound quality is a function of the headset but with my Plantronics 590, I am not able to distinguish the quality from my best wired headset. I have not yet tested the distance that I can be from the phone. I will report.
    Left the iPhone in the car and went to the dumpster. As expected, the Plantronics 260 cut out. Walking back, I noted when the signal returned and paced off 20 meters back to the car.

Used the Plantronics 260 on a conference call for an hour yesterday; no complaints from the other seven people on the call.
    06-19-2009 10:15 AM
930 ... 363738
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD