View Poll Results: Will you be Staying up for 3.0?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I can't wait

122 70.93%
  • No I need my sleep.

50 29.07%
    The support line just answered at the same time that my phone lit up and said it was activated!
    06-17-2009 03:21 PM
    Yep, it's back and confirmed version number. Happy tinkering everyone and good on you Apple!
    06-17-2009 03:25 PM
    whew!!!!!!! activated
    Mine too. Maybe fixed, maybe load. I no longer care but other reports may help others.
    06-17-2009 03:29 PM
    PHEWWWW..... i got it activated.. off to work... nice talking to all and waiting with u guys... also does anyone know when the MMS will be available???
    mmmm, A2DP, soo good!
    Yep, it's back and confirmed version number. Happy tinkering everyone and good on you Apple!
    Glad to hear that you got through on the support line. Did you get any indication that they knew about the problem?
    06-17-2009 03:30 PM
    mmmm, A2DP, soo good!
    what is that????
    06-17-2009 03:30 PM
    mmmm, A2DP, soo good!
    Have two BT stereo head sets with me but I am reluctant to try them sitting in this presentation.
    Last edited by whmurray; 06-17-2009 at 03:38 PM.
    06-17-2009 03:33 PM
    Have to BT stereo head sets with me but I am reluctant to try them sitting in theis presentation.
    huh
    06-17-2009 03:33 PM
    huh
    It means you can use wireless bluetooth headphones. You could not use them before 3.0
    06-17-2009 03:35 PM
    It means you can use wireless bluetooth headphones. You could not use them before 3.0
    oooooooh... i remember now... hell yeah time to charge mine up!!!
    06-17-2009 03:36 PM
    I couldn't get iTunes working, either, on the handset. It turns out my wifi stopped working after the firmware update. I have to switch to 3G, now, to make it work. Is anyone else having wifi issues?
    06-17-2009 03:38 PM
    huh
    Sorry. Have two BT stereo head sets with me but I am reluctant to try them sitting in this presentation.
    06-17-2009 03:39 PM
    Sorry. Have two BT stereo head sets with me but I am reluctant to try them sitting in this presentation.
    i seee
    06-17-2009 03:42 PM
    Mine's still not working. I'm gonna restart my computer and give it some more time. Thank god for Mortal Combat vs DC while I wait.
    06-17-2009 03:49 PM
    3.0 has been happily running for me the past few hours BUT despite 3 tries to sync, I cannot get my music synced to my phone. When I connect to iTunes it runs a sync perfectly, and the little bar chart that shows how full your iphone is is showing 6GB of music, but when I try to access it on my phone it isn't there. help?

I get an error message when the sync is complete saying that it was unable to sync. Any ideas of how I can fix it?
    Last edited by rknowlt; 06-17-2009 at 04:06 PM.
    06-17-2009 03:57 PM
    3.0 has been happily running for me the past few hours BUT despite 3 tries to sync, I cannot get my music synced to my phone. When I connect to iTunes it runs a sync perfectly, and the little bar chart that shows how full your iphone is is showing 6GB of music, but when I try to access it on my phone it isn't there. help?

I get an error message when the sync is complete saying that it was unable to sync. Any ideas of how I can fix it?
    Yes. I do not like it. I expect you to like it less. Last resort.

0. Do not back up. Do not sync.

1. Connect.

2. Click "restore" to re-initialize the iPhone. At the end of the initialization, you should be offered a choice of backup images. Chose the last minus one.

3. Y'all be caahful, ya heah?
    06-17-2009 04:27 PM
    Alright so I stayed up like everyone else waiting for this thing to come out.
    1 o clock comes around, and my anxious self quickly updates.

I was jailbroken and all my apps(including Settings!!!) were hidden. Now I have no jailbreak, no settings, and no apps.

Anyway to downgrade, or SOMETHING!?!

Edit: Nevermind, restored, SUCCESS!!
    Last edited by NightcrawlerZK; 06-17-2009 at 04:46 PM.
    06-17-2009 04:41 PM
    Yes. I do not like it. I expect you to like it less. Last resort.

0. Do not back up. Do not sync.

1. Connect.

2. Click "restore" to re-initialize the iPhone. At the end of the initialization, you should be offered a choice of backup images. Chose the last minus one.

3. Y'all be caahful, ya heah?
    This was what my last resort was going to be. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but I guess I'm going to have to. Bummer.
    06-17-2009 04:52 PM
    Guys, HERE is the solution for everyone with bricked iPhones. This even applies to those who were in the middle of downloading the software and got abruptly disconnected.

1. Turn off your iPhone and quit iTunes. Unplug your iPhone from your computer as well.

2. Replug your iPhone into your computer. iTunes will automatically open and ask you to update.

3. Click "Update"

Pay attention to the next step: crucial.

4. Right after clicking "Update", disconnect (that's right, DISconnect) your Internet connection.

5. Instead of the dreaded rejection message, your iPhone will still be updating. I'm still clueless as to how this is achieved sans Internet. Your iPhone will flicker once and a progress bar will show. After that progress bar has been filled, another progress bar will appear. Wait time for this one is shorter than the first.

6. Your iPhone will now show a "Connect to iTunes." It is bricked at this moment and only Emergency calls can be made. No worries though.

7. Quit your iTunes again.

8. Reconnect your Internet connection.

9. Open iTunes again.

10. Your iPhone/iPhone 3G is now "activated".

--

Ta-da. Your iPhone should say that it is activated now. It did for mine and I am tremendously happy and dumbfounded as to how this worked. But it works.

In the case of Rogers, you will also be prompted for a carrier update. Click "Yes". It's very short and harmless.
    Last edited by TheCarBlogger; 06-17-2009 at 05:22 PM.
    06-17-2009 05:20 PM
    Sounds like alot of people are havin problems........ I think I will wait a couple of days.... Good luck to everyone out there trying to up grade to 3.0
    06-17-2009 05:24 PM
    Well, my fiance upgraded to 3.0 at 12:10 pm central time today, but I upgraded last Friday. lol. I guess the first couple of downloads made it through without crashing the server?
    06-17-2009 05:41 PM
    why on earth I can't search in the email text??
    damn that's so annoying!!
    06-18-2009 04:48 AM
    why on earth I can't search in the email text??
    damn that's so annoying!!
    I suspect that the answer has something to do with time to index.
    06-18-2009 09:04 AM
    I couldn't get iTunes working, either, on the handset. It turns out my wifi stopped working after the firmware update. I have to switch to 3G, now, to make it work. Is anyone else having wifi issues?
    When I'm connected to wifi everything seems to work, but my problem right now is that my phone keeps disconnecting and not automatically joining my wifi network. I'm not sure if it is my linksys router or my phone, but since this is the first time I have noticed it doing it, I'm suspecting 3.0. I just have to manually go into settings and rejoin the network.

I'm gonna see how it goes while I'm at work today connected to a different router.
    06-18-2009 11:12 AM
930 ... 35363738
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD