I have noticed that on the 3G, there isn't anything that actually says 3G on the casing. I was wondering if the 3G S will have something maybe on the back of the phone that says 3GS? I just think it would be kinda cool to have something, even if its small, to distinguish between the 3G and the 3G S besides the abilities.
    06-15-2009 09:33 PM
    The 3GS has the iPhone logo at the bottom in the same bold shiny color rather than the grey writing that is on the 3G. As far as I know that's the only physical difference as far as appearance goes. The 3GS is also a little heavier,but I'm not sure if it's enough to notice.
    06-15-2009 09:51 PM
    The 3GS has the iPhone logo at the bottom in the same bold shiny color rather than the grey writing that is on the 3G. As far as I know that's the only physical difference as far as appearance goes. The 3GS is also a little heavier,but I'm not sure if it's enough to notice.
    I'm disappointed that the writing is going to be shiny... That's just another area to get scratched to hell.
    06-15-2009 09:57 PM
    I'm disappointed that the writing is going to be shiny... That's just another area to get scratched to hell.
    I agree. I used to use cases with my iPhone,but hated all the bulk they added. So I got the Clear-Coat to put on mine. You have to be really patient with the application,but if successful,you can barely tell that there's anything on it at all.
    06-15-2009 10:00 PM
    It's also a tiny bit heavier
    06-16-2009 09:42 AM
    plus in some cases you will see a nice "32GB" on the back which should confirm its a 3GS
    06-16-2009 09:57 AM
    you should not say and "physical" difference because there is a big one, the stuff inside the 3G S is different. You're asking is there any thing different with the visual exterior?

No there is no different between how it looks but it is possible a little bit more heavier as Ritchie pointed out.
    06-16-2009 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD