BlackBerry-Like iPhone mockup

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I made this because I was thinking of what Apple could do to WOW us, and I got to thinking... Apple's iPod lineup varies depending on your needs, so does their computer and laptop lineup, so why not the iPhone? I think maybe not 2010 but possibly 2011 they will reveal a roster of at least 2 different new iPhones. There will be 3 versions of iPhone selling at once. Just what I think.

If Apple liked to copy Blackberry as much as RIM loves to copy iPhone, we might've seen something like this at WWDC:

iphonepro.jpg

Some things I'm hoping are evident here is that there is...
1. A removable battery door (which could also maybe lead to an expansion port.. please?).
2. Same front-facing cam and indicator light as my other "iPhone HD" render.
3. Full touch-screen and physical keyboard which mocks the virtual keyboard (and is obviously backlit)

Also that key in the bottom left leads to mobile expose. This would show all running apps (yes it's meant to have multi-tasking).

Some less obvious things to note..
1. Chrome ring around new home button would be used as a scroll/zoom alternative for one-handed access.
2. Direction buttons allow to quickly go back to previous app and then switch back to current app.
3. 4 buttons on either side of the center 3 are meant to open Mail, Phone, Safari, and Messaging.

I also got this crazy idea that the home button could function as an optical mouse and allow you to not even use the touch screen in most applications..

PS: I forgot to remove the international keyboard button, obviously the keyboard would not shape-shift hahaha.. but I suppose it COULD be used to call up a menu with which to switch your language for other languages that can use an English keyboard.

Last edited:

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
I made this because I was thinking of what Apple could do to WOW us, and I got to thinking... Apple's iPod lineup varies depending on your needs, so does their computer and laptop lineup, so why not the iPhone? I think maybe not 2010 but possibly 2011 they will reveal a roster of at least 2 different new iPhones. There will be 3 versions of iPhone selling at once. Just what I think.

If Apple liked to copy Blackberry as much as RIM loves to copy iPhone, we might've seen something like this at WWDC:

iphonepro.jpg

Some things I'm hoping are evident here is that there is...
1. A removable battery door (which could also maybe lead to an expansion port.. please?).
2. Same front-facing cam and indicator light as my other "iPhone HD" render.
3. Full touch-screen and physical keyboard which mocks the virtual keyboard (and is obviously backlit)

Also that key in the bottom left leads to mobile expose. This would show all running apps (yes it's meant to have multi-tasking).

Some less obvious things to note..
1. Chrome ring around new home button would be used as a scroll/zoom alternative for one-handed access.
2. Direction buttons allow to quickly go back to previous app and then switch back to current app.
3. 4 buttons on either side of the center 3 are meant to open Mail, Phone, Safari, and Messaging.

I also got this crazy idea that the home button could function as an optical mouse and allow you to not even use the touch screen in most applications..

PS: I forgot to remove the international keyboard button, obviously the keyboard would not shape-shift hahaha.. but I suppose it COULD be used to call up a menu with which to switch your language for other languages that can use an English keyboard.

Apple would never do a removable battery.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Way to quote the whole post LOL..
and yeah I know Apple has some issues with that. But if they wanted RIM's market they sure would :p

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
LOL wow never thought about that, that's actually doable, except the icons being smaller would pose a problem.. And regular size icons, I think that would be a real hinderance to regular iphone use :p

But it would be pretty cool! :)

Ooh but if they build an expose framework for multi-tasking!! That would be incredible!! I think that's doable.

All you'd have to do is make it so that when you swipe up from the bottom all your running apps show in icon form (with badges enabled). That would be fantasmagorical. And if you could x them out to close them from expose :D

Last edited:

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
looks just like my bold with a different keyboard. i think the lack of a real keyboard, and the fact that the interface is so simple is what makes the iphone stand out. the concept is cool, but it just looks to me like my bold with an iphoney theme. good work though.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Apple won't do a removeable battery because they can make the phone thinner without one.

I don't too much like the interface. It's not simple like apple would make it.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
@OmariJames
I know, it's just so friggin hard to make a clean set of hardware buttons when also trying to compensate for the lack of screen size @_@..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73