Anyone getting the 3GS from Best Buy?

gogators

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to try and get one from Best Buy so I can put it on my Best Buy Card. Anyone else planning on using Best Buy?

What time do you think I will have to be there or how many will they have?

gtGarrrett

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
not sure

I have a friend who is a manager at Best Buy and as of yesterday they do not know how many 3GS' they will have on launch day.

gogators

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I just found out...

I just got back from Best Buy and here is the deal. You can put down $50 for a deposit that guarantees you a phone. The manager told me what is happening is they are getting a certain amount, but for every preorder they get another phone. So basically a phone for every preorder plus what their original stock was going to be.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I just got back from Best Buy and here is the deal. You can put down $50 for a deposit that guarantees you a phone. The manager told me what is happening is they are getting a certain amount, but for every preorder they get another phone. So basically a phone for every preorder plus what their original stock was going to be.

Cool so there should be plenty or not.

gogators

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
he made it sound like there would be plenty. I actually meant to say that for every preorder they get the preorder phone plus another one. So there stock will go up the more preorders they have. When I went in to day, I was the second person to do it at that particular Best Buy, but I have 3 within 10 minutes of where I live in Jacksonville, FL.

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
You should be able to do ether one.

I believe you have to purchase the iphone from Best Buy in order to qualify for Geek Squad insurance. Think about it, that insurance is a competitive advantage for Best Buy as ATT does not offer insurance.

Also, I read something online the other day that stated that Best Buy would be charging $15/month in order to insure the iphone.

Best Buy offers iPhone insurance ? iPhonestalk.com

Per this article:

"The only caveat is that Best Buy will only cover iPhones purchased at Best Buy. It will not cover phones purchased at Apple stores or AT&T branches."

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73