Have 3.0 installed. Can I safely do a "restore as new"

Captain Chunk#IM

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
Hey guys.

I've had 3.0 installed since Wednesday, and for the most part it works fine, there's a few quirks I've seen and am thinking of going a "restore as new" to see if it makes a difference.

Does anyone know if I should wait until the Apple officially releases 3.0 or would it be safe to do it now even though iTunes thinks the latest OS release is still 2.2.1.

Thanks!
CC

Captain Chunk#IM

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
Yes I know that, and I don't intend to go back to 2.2.1. I was just curious if I did the restore as new now that I have 3.0 will it try to restore 2.2.1 or 3.0?

I know the release is only a few days away, but I'm not working and the warden is on a business trip so I need something to fill the time...

bmfan#IM

May 12, 2009
Visit site
i believe it will default to 2.* unless you override it and direct it to the 3.0 firmware. hold shift and then click restore..

robbiebisme

May 31, 2009
Visit site
to do this u need to have the software u want to install downloaded then hold shift and click restore on your phone find the file and click on it the phone will restore to the 3.0 gm or what ever version you have to download i just sold my iphone so i had to do all of this tonight once you do that it will be like you have a brand new iphon with 3.0 software installed

BenGillam

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
yea, as above to the shift+restore just dont reload your backup and you'll have a fresh 3.0 device.

i wouldnt like to think what restoring back to 2.2.1 might do to the iphone, guessing it updates a huge amount in the background

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73