Anyone happy with the 3Gs being the same physically?

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
I can only imagine the millions of dollars Incase, DLO and whomever would lose with people having to buy new cases etc. Great for consumers but a huge mistake business model wise.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
They don't have to raise the price to include the dock. They are making $3600 per iPhone sold in Canada over 3 year contract. They are paid back in full for the phone within a few months.

They took the dock out of the box to make the packaging smaller. Dick move apple, dick move.

Apple used to include SOOO MUCH with iPods.
They gave you a software CD, a CASE (which they damn well should!), the screen used to have a cover over it (WTF HAPPENED TO THAT) which would be VERY useful for iPhone and iPod touch, and they used to include a port cover for the dock connector which would be extremely useful for keeping the dock connector clean.

UGH! This really irks me especially since the iPhone is supposed to be such a premium device and yet all they give you is the bare minimum of what you should get.

Last edited:

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I love it. My sister has a 1stGen iPod Touch. I've been so use to my iPhone 3Gs curve back that when I hold her iPodT it feels weird and almost uncomfortable.

However, I did wish that the back of it was matte. If anything, I wish it was like the back of the Ai iMac. I love the feeling of the back of the iMac.

:eek: You got your 3Gs Omar???? :p

gtGarrrett

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Kinda

On the outside?

I am... I actually bought a 4 Invisible Shields and a case (I normally never do cases).

I was actually hoping for some subtle changes, so people would easily be able to recognize if you have a 3G or a 3GS without having to ask.

joliveria

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
They don't have to raise the price to include the dock. They are making $3600 per iPhone sold in Canada over 3 year contract. They are paid back in full for the phone within a few months.

They took the dock out of the box to make the packaging smaller. Dick move apple, dick move.

Apple used to include SOOO MUCH with iPods.
They gave you a software CD, a CASE (which they damn well should!), the screen used to have a cover over it (WTF HAPPENED TO THAT) which would be VERY useful for iPhone and iPod touch, and they used to include a port cover for the dock connector which would be extremely useful for keeping the dock connector clean.

UGH! This really irks me especially since the iPhone is supposed to be such a premium device and yet all they give you is the bare minimum of what you should get.

If you aren't happy with what you get then don't buy it. Simple as that... but call me crazy... the reason I'm buying the iPhone is for the iPhone, not the accessories it comes with?

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm happy that the size and shape stayed the same, although I would have liked the matte black finish. I have taken full advantage of the same size already and have purchased my first ever case, which is currently on my 3G, but I can't wait to slide it onto my 3GS friday.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
The Xbox 360 doesn't look the same as Xbox, the PS3 doesn't look the same as PS2. No new "upgrade" usually looks the same, it's the american way so no I'm not happy. I mean.. does a BMW M3 look the same since 2000? Imagine if all cars from the same manufacturer looked the same.. interesting.

Yeah, but all those examples aren't being created the next year. Xbox 360 didn't come the year after Xbox and the same goes for the ps3 and ps2. BMW's usually keep the same body for a couple of years as well.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I thought about it, and I'm actually happy they are saying the same.

I REALLY like our iSkins and all the other cases we have. I wasn't looking forward to buying more. So it's nice we'll be able to use our cases on the 3G S.

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, but all those examples aren't being created the next year. Xbox 360 didn't come the year after Xbox and the same goes for the ps3 and ps2. BMW's usually keep the same body for a couple of years as well.

Still we get accustomed to a trend whether it's one year or four. Apple would have sold more iPhones with a design change than without. They could have kept it 100% the same, no speed video..etc. and it would have sold more with a design change than what will be currently offered.

Last edited:

iphonemilk

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
On the outside?

I am... I actually bought a 4 Invisible Shields and a case (I normally never do cases).

I'm very happy with the way the iPhone looks, it's an extremley sexy look for a mobile device, I was on the inside disappointed going from a 2G to the 3G because really that's all the upgraded.

Now we get some BEEFY internal upgrades... and i'm very very very happy with that.

If the outside of the iPhone looks great, why fix it? i'm glad they did what they did this year.

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm very happy with the way the iPhone looks, it's an extremley sexy look for a mobile device, I was on the inside disappointed going from a 2G to the 3G because really that's all the upgraded.

Now we get some BEEFY internal upgrades... and i'm very very very happy with that.

If the outside of the iPhone looks great, why fix it? i'm glad they did what they did this year.

Going from the 2G to 3G just wasn't 3G speed. There are many significant upgrades from bluetooth to radios etc. I mean will you get MMS on 2g? 3G is better looking than 2G imho, many changes.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative