You got your 3Gs Omar????
    The 3G S is the same physically as 3G
    06-15-2009 01:37 PM
    Thanks Sherlock

(I was jokin with him, cause he didnt mean 3GS,,,,he meant 3G's curve
    06-15-2009 01:46 PM
    On the outside?

I am... I actually bought a 4 Invisible Shields and a case (I normally never do cases).
    I was actually hoping for some subtle changes, so people would easily be able to recognize if you have a 3G or a 3GS without having to ask.
    06-15-2009 01:50 PM
    They don't have to raise the price to include the dock. They are making $3600 per iPhone sold in Canada over 3 year contract. They are paid back in full for the phone within a few months.

They took the dock out of the box to make the packaging smaller. **** move apple, **** move.

Apple used to include SOOO MUCH with iPods.
    They gave you a software CD, a CASE (which they damn well should!), the screen used to have a cover over it (WTF HAPPENED TO THAT) which would be VERY useful for iPhone and iPod touch, and they used to include a port cover for the dock connector which would be extremely useful for keeping the dock connector clean.

UGH! This really irks me especially since the iPhone is supposed to be such a premium device and yet all they give you is the bare minimum of what you should get.
    If you aren't happy with what you get then don't buy it. Simple as that... but call me crazy... the reason I'm buying the iPhone is for the iPhone, not the accessories it comes with?
    06-15-2009 01:56 PM
    I'm happy that the size and shape stayed the same, although I would have liked the matte black finish. I have taken full advantage of the same size already and have purchased my first ever case, which is currently on my 3G, but I can't wait to slide it onto my 3GS friday.
    06-15-2009 01:57 PM
    I'm ok with it being the same looks wise.. I just think it would have been even better with different colors/look.
    06-15-2009 07:56 PM
    You got your 3Gs Omar????

Tramain
    LOL. I meant iPhone 3G's ( possessive )
    06-15-2009 09:24 PM
    I am since I already started shopping for it :P
    06-15-2009 11:10 PM
    The Xbox 360 doesn't look the same as Xbox, the PS3 doesn't look the same as PS2. No new "upgrade" usually looks the same, it's the american way so no I'm not happy. I mean.. does a BMW M3 look the same since 2000? Imagine if all cars from the same manufacturer looked the same.. interesting.
    Yeah, but all those examples aren't being created the next year. Xbox 360 didn't come the year after Xbox and the same goes for the ps3 and ps2. BMW's usually keep the same body for a couple of years as well.
    06-16-2009 12:54 AM
    BAM! Good one!
    06-16-2009 01:02 AM
    I thought about it, and I'm actually happy they are saying the same.

I REALLY like our iSkins and all the other cases we have. I wasn't looking forward to buying more. So it's nice we'll be able to use our cases on the 3G S.
    06-16-2009 10:33 AM
    Yeah, but all those examples aren't being created the next year. Xbox 360 didn't come the year after Xbox and the same goes for the ps3 and ps2. BMW's usually keep the same body for a couple of years as well.
    Still we get accustomed to a trend whether it's one year or four. Apple would have sold more iPhones with a design change than without. They could have kept it 100% the same, no speed video..etc. and it would have sold more with a design change than what will be currently offered.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 06-16-2009 at 11:15 AM.
    06-16-2009 10:57 AM
    On the outside?

I am... I actually bought a 4 Invisible Shields and a case (I normally never do cases).
    I'm very happy with the way the iPhone looks, it's an extremley sexy look for a mobile device, I was on the inside disappointed going from a 2G to the 3G because really that's all the upgraded.

Now we get some BEEFY internal upgrades... and i'm very very very happy with that.

If the outside of the iPhone looks great, why fix it? i'm glad they did what they did this year.
    06-16-2009 11:05 AM
    I'm very happy with the way the iPhone looks, it's an extremley sexy look for a mobile device, I was on the inside disappointed going from a 2G to the 3G because really that's all the upgraded.

Now we get some BEEFY internal upgrades... and i'm very very very happy with that.

If the outside of the iPhone looks great, why fix it? i'm glad they did what they did this year.
    Going from the 2G to 3G just wasn't 3G speed. There are many significant upgrades from bluetooth to radios etc. I mean will you get MMS on 2g? 3G is better looking than 2G imho, many changes.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 06-16-2009 at 11:10 AM.
    06-16-2009 11:07 AM
    Going from the 2G to 3G just wasn't 3G speed. There are many significant upgrades from bluetooth to radios etc. I mean will you get MMS on 2g?
    You cannot get mms on iPhone 2G.
    06-16-2009 11:09 AM
    You cannot get mms on iPhone 2G.
    I know, I was making a point. I can only imagine Apple coming out with a new iPod nano looking exactly the same.. .
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 06-16-2009 at 11:13 AM.
    06-16-2009 11:10 AM
    I know, I was making a point.
    OO lol sorry. I did not not see the hole conversation.
    06-16-2009 11:12 AM
    OO lol sorry. I did not not see the hole conversation.
    No problemo, I eventually will get the 3Gs but not for some time.
    06-16-2009 11:14 AM
    I know, I was making a point. I can only imagine Apple coming out with a new iPod nano looking exactly the same.. .
    Yes and they say it is faster and everyone goes and buys it.
    06-16-2009 11:14 AM
    Fashionistas who want to show off that they have the latest/greatest iPhone are likely disappointed because there's no new outward bling blang to make it in-your-face obvious. (Though maybe they can run around yelling "I'm shooting video without jailbreak!!!!111")

Personally, I'm fine. I'm always happy when Jony Ive flexes his design muscle, but not just for designs sake.

Next gen unibody aluminum?
    To offset that problem I am going to make a loud annoucement every time my phone rings...

Something like "OMG, is that my iPhone 3G S ringing?!"

Then people will know.
    06-16-2009 01:48 PM
    To offset that problem I am going to make a loud annoucement every time my phone rings...

Something like "OMG, is that my iPhone 3G S ringing?!"

Then people will know.
    That will let people know.(rofl)
    06-16-2009 01:50 PM
    My wife just dared me to say the same thing about my iPhone 3G and I tried it. Someone just said "what a homo"

rofl.
    06-16-2009 03:07 PM
    I would've like some variations with the current design - color, matte - but being able to get accessories now is nice. Overall, what the phone can do is more important to me than getting a different color.

*UPDATE* Regarding the lack of a dock, I think that I've used the dock that came with my 2G a total of 0 times. I always just use the cord to connect to my iMac.
    Last edited by subie09lega; 06-16-2009 at 03:59 PM.
    06-16-2009 03:41 PM
    My wife just dared me to say the same thing about my iPhone 3G and I tried it. Someone just said "what a homo"

rofl.
    thats freakin sweet
    06-16-2009 04:21 PM
    Heh. We were at the mall and there was a large crowd and I sounded off obnoxiously loud.
    06-16-2009 06:26 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD