Whenever I see a list of features people want added I think of a couple more that I wish were there.

1. Why doesn't the on screen keyboard change depending on case? Is there any reason it can't show upper case letters on the screen when enabled?

2. There is a contact field for birthdate. It would be nice to have an option to add this to your calendar with a reminder. My old Treo 650 had this. I'm horrible at remembering b-days.

There are an endless number of "missing" features, I just thought I'd voice a couple of the more obscure ones that I've wished were there.

Steve
    06-14-2009 04:21 AM
    Another would be the ability to download files in mobile safari. Maybe directly to your iDisk?
    06-14-2009 04:31 AM
    Birthdays show up in my Calendar automagically. Not sure if MobileMe is doing that or how, but I'll try to figure it out...
    06-14-2009 07:18 AM
    How about a fix for the screen not turning on when you press a button.. Then you press it again.. And the screen turns off before you have the chance to unlock it once it finally turns on..

God damn that would be an amazing feature, iPod touch has it

I've had 3 iPhone 3Gs and they all did that often. So annoying.
    06-14-2009 09:20 AM
    1. Why doesn't the on screen keyboard change depending on case? Is there any reason it can't show upper case letters on the screen when enabled?
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but you do have the option to have it all CAPS. Set this in Settings --> General --> Keyboard --> Enable Cap locks

You can now double tap the cap locks and have it stay on cap locks for that session.

If this isn't what you were referring to, I apologize.
    06-14-2009 10:23 AM
    Maybe I'm being too nice to Apple and never thinking of what the device doesn't have, but what it does have. I guess for the things I use most, it does those things top notch. Email, superb. Threaded Messaging, awesome.
    06-14-2009 10:25 AM
    The case doesn't change on the keyboard because it is already showing upper case letters. Probably to make it easier to read.
    06-14-2009 10:46 AM
    Birthdays show up in my Calendar automagically. Not sure if MobileMe is doing that or how, but I'll try to figure it out...
    This is going to be one of my new favorite words
    06-14-2009 11:35 AM

Steve

my GPS does that, i cant stand it !
    06-14-2009 12:40 PM
    I want my exchange calender at work to nont only sync to my phone but also to my home computer. Not sure if there is already a way to do this or not.
    06-14-2009 05:03 PM
    You just need to enter the Exchange account into your home Outlook.
    06-14-2009 06:33 PM
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but you do have the option to have it all CAPS. Set this in Settings --> General --> Keyboard --> Enable Cap locks

You can now double tap the cap locks and have it stay on cap locks for that session.

If this isn't what you were referring to, I apologize.

I think he means for example : If the caps lock is turned on ,the keys them selves don't change to upper case. They remain in lower case but he would like it to change. =]
    06-14-2009 06:59 PM
    my keys are always upper case already. what is the question?

@Alli- I use Apples "mail" client to access all my mail and I also use Ical on the computer. would that also work?
    06-14-2009 09:21 PM
    Basically, you can only use 1 Exchange account at a time.
    06-14-2009 09:38 PM
    I am totally confused. I get all of my calender apts from work plus all of my personal calender updates on my phone. How can I have Ical on my home computer show all of that too?
    06-14-2009 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD