Trouble Syncing

Volatile_

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Hello, I have had a jailbroken iPhone 3G for a week now. However, when I try to sync music into it, it fails to do so without any error message. I unplugged my iPhone, and stuck in my old iPod. The sync worked just fine. I was wondering whether I could restore my iPhone's settings on music/data without breaking any setting with the jailbreak. I just want to erase my music data =S. Or somehow just sync the data on.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
No if you restore it will delete everything on your jailbreak settings but you can download something to save your data on on cydia just I suggest a new restore and start from start.

Volatile_

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I've fixed it. To those who have similar errors. I tried to load a custom IPSW on my iPhone. I disabled the internet so iTunes won't be able to load any new firmware. The iPhone needed to connect to the internet to be authicated.

Once that process was done, I immediately jailbroke it. The authication was therefore obsolete.

EDIT: My baseband somehow updated 2.30.03
Guess I am stuck with a bricked phone until 3.0 comes out. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
-------- Scratch this entire line below me----------------
I then loaded yellowsn0w without any baseband update and sucessfully cleared my iPhone of all data.:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods