Which e-mail is best for iphone?

FDE

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I want to switch from hotmail which uses POP as opposed to IMAP.
Which works best with iphone ? Google? Yahoo? Other?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
most emails work flawlessly with the IPhone. POP. IMAP and exchange. gmail is good from what I hear. personally I have a .mac(.me) account that I like very much.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I bought mBox email, which is designed for Hotmail. It works flawlessly. I actually bought this because my online school uses hotmail, but under a different name than hotmail. I would look into this app.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
most emails work flawlessly with the IPhone. POP. IMAP and exchange. gmail is good from what I hear. personally I have a .mac(.me) account that I like very much.

Gmail is good because it catches all spam so you only get emails you want to.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I've been using Fastmail.fm for years now. Great IMAP, handles spam well, and even for the top tier account so that I can use it with my own domain, it's relatively inexpensive.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Google for spam and Yahoo for push.

Someone will probably come out with an App for push gmail if Google doesn't do it.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
I've got MobileMe, Yahoo!, Gmail, and Exchange accounts all on my iPhone- all of them work. If Gmail had push, I would ditch the Yahoo! My problem with Yahoo! is that they don't have an open IMAP interface that you can use with a desktop email client. So on desktop you are stuck with their web interface which I don't like. I prefer Gmail's web interface plus I can use it in Thunderbird or any other standard email client app. For me, the most reliable push implementation is Exchange. (The push on Yahoo! tends to be erratic for me at times, as was MobileMe in the beginning and I am not using it much now since I'm pretty happy with Gmail.)

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Maybe it's me, but I can't stand the mobile website for reading emails on MoMe. I like everything else: contacts, calendar, photos.

Am I missing something??

Last edited:

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I use Exchange for my school addy and yahoo for my friends and family group. I really don't ever use the desktop versions of those since the iPhone provides me with everything I need.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711