What's next for the iPhone (4G?)

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
MPs isn't always everything in a camera.
Apple has had much success with products that they have retained similar design. The iPhone will change but you wont see a drastic change.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
this time I gotta disagree with Omari. I think the next IPhone will be much more of a changed product next year than we saw this year.

with all the new technologies coming down the pipe. OLED screens, LTE (enabling IChat?), new finish, new radios for LTE.

plus this year Apple has enticed a whole new user base by offering the 8gb 3g for only $99. so next year most of the new users will have already been hooked. remember your first drug dealer? ahem...I never had one either. :cool:

I think most 3g users that wait will be very glad that they did!

geemanaz

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
i think apple will come out with iphone 4g this fall why did apple order mill of cell phone part that they did not put into iphone 3gs. apple order OLED screens in Feb and 50gb Flash drives

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Whoever mentioned contact groups... iPhone already has contact groups and if I'm not mistaken it's had them for a long time! You organize them by windows contacts or whatever mac uses.

robbiebisme

May 31, 2009
Visit site
i think apple will come out with iphone 4g this fall why did apple order mill of cell phone part that they did not put into iphone 3gs. apple order OLED screens in Feb and 50gb Flash drives

dont forget about the ipod touch which always had more storage then the current iphone it would be a horrible mistake on apples part to release two iphone in the same year anyone who uses their upgrade on the 3gs would be so angry with apple that they cant get the 4g one now apple will wait a year

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
You can put them in your contacts program whatever it is for your OS and view them there. That's what syncing contacts is for.

Airbrushkid

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't think they'll call it 4G. And with the 3G S coming out with video this year. The next gen Iphone very well maybe coming out in 64 gig flavor. Video chat as well. Hopefully a better battery and multitasking.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Since we didn't get the hot rumored stuff this year, I'm looking for some meaningful changes to these hardware areas next year, especially if they want to keep up with the competition.

Better screen (Oled, HD, whatever)
A real camera and video recording, which means things like a lens larger than a pinhole, zoom, flash, and image stabilization.
Forward facing camera (I can't believe how many phones come with them already)
Matte case
And that new ARM 9 dual core chip along with even more RAM.
Background apps
And some way to put apps in categories/folders so they aren't splattered across 11 screens

Do that and I'll pay full price for the thing

icebike

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
By this time next year there will very likely be chipsets available for ALL protocols: GSM/UMTS/HSDPA/LTE all on a single chip.

LTE makes this especially easy since the air interface has been designed to re-use significant parts of the existing radio designs.

This would mean that APPLE can come out with a single radio that handles every market they care to enter (Except China and Korea).

So don't be surprised if Apple announces their 4G phone this time next year.

The move to LTE will be fairly fast and easy for GSM/UMTS carriers.

What makes little sense is continuing to deploy ATT's UMTS/HSDPA (3G) network. They should just stop it, and start putting up LTE. The only way this makes sense is if they are deploying Cell tower radios that can add LTE by simply plugging in another board into the backplane.