Bing Cashback for new 3G s orders

bluphi93

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
Man, I wish I would have seen this before I ordered my 3G S. I have used ebates.com and it works like this bing cashback and it is legit, I have the rebate check to prove it.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

adam937

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately for many customers they have not been reliable in honoring the cashback requests. Please read more about this at digg.com/d1wcdx - When presented with the screenshots and evidence from customers at this Get Satisfaction link, the initial response from Bing Cashback has been to stay silent. With only a few customers posting there so far, this is a good strategy for them if they expect this to go unnoticed. Negative experiences please post your Bing Cashback ticket number so they can help you if they so choose. Positive experiences please post so that it can be documented they have already honored this in some cases, and should do the same for the rest of us. By posting your experiences, you help to hold them to what was advertised and remind them to deal with you in an honest manner in the future. Thank you for your help with this.

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
I can't remember where I read it, but I heard this was a scam. I think one of our local news stations had a report on this, saying you have to jump through a bunch of hoops, buy magazine subscriptions, and crap like that, and in the end, even though you "saved" on buying the phone, you end up paying about the same as full price because of all the other things you have to do to get the discount. Not to mention, it seemed like a big pain in order to get the discount. Not sure, but I'd definitely do more research on this. Oh, and also, this discount ONLY applies to new customers buying the iPhone for the first time, and the report also said that for current users of iPhones wanting to upgrade, the offer wouldn't apply. It sounds to me like it's one of those "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't real" kind of things.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
I can't remember where I read it, but I heard this was a scam. I think one of our local news stations had a report on this, saying you have to jump through a bunch of hoops, buy magazine subscriptions, and crap like that, and in the end, even though you "saved" on buying the phone, you end up paying about the same as full price because of all the other things you have to do to get the discount. Not to mention, it seemed like a big pain in order to get the discount. Not sure, but I'd definitely do more research on this. Oh, and also, this discount ONLY applies to new customers buying the iPhone for the first time, and the report also said that for current users of iPhones wanting to upgrade, the offer wouldn't apply. It sounds to me like it's one of those "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't real" kind of things.

Are you referring to the Bing Cashback (a.k.a Microsoft Live Cashback) in general? Or using the 35% Cashback through AT&T to get the iPhone?

Cause I've recieved about $300 in cashback through my online purchases using Bing. Works flawlessly in my case. Except 90% of the time it's not instant, and you have to wait 60 days.

sdunnin

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Bing Not Honoring Cash Back for Many

Had the same issue as many other have reported with Bing not honoring the cash back for so called upgrades, despite valid arguments that this was not stated during the purchase process.

I've started a Blog at www<dot>bingcashbackscam<dot>com for those of us affected by this scam to stay informed.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site

I think there are a couple of things.

Bing cashback is real (although as people have posted, the success rate with the iPhone 3Gs is questionable).

There are various offers like "get a free iPhone" and stuff, those are ones where you need to try various offers from companies (like Netflix, Columbia House, etc) or get friends to sign up. At least some of those are "real" as well - I know people who have gotten things like a free PS3, but it is a scam in the sense that you do need to sign up for offer and then need to remember to cancel or you will get charged.

Chris

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh