3.0 Notes Sync

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
So the 3.0 software now supports notes sync. How does this work on a PC... will my notes sync from Outlook to MobileMe then to my iPhone?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
And the definitive answer is: YES. With 3.0 you can sync notes to Outlook.

It would be nice to have some other sync options on a pc (I go way out of my way to not use Outlook).

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site

It would be nice to have some other sync options on a pc (I go way out of my way to not use Outlook).
Yea I wish I could also, but a lot of the corporate work uses it...

TheMooch

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
So you will only be able to sync notes with Outlook.

Big caveat there though. If your Outlook is connected to an Exchange Server (i.e. your corporate main brain) then MobileMe can't/won't sync. I'm not sure if the inability of MobileMe to do it is from lack of ability to make it work or fear of Microsoft.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site

And Outlook notes are terrible. Thanks, but no thanks...I'll just stick with Evernote!

Casper TFG

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I like Omnifocus (suits my ADD / list mania)

But I am disappointed to hear that they aren't bringing new OS 3.0 goodies to the table..

Is there much scope for notes and task managers to make use of OS 3.0 and all the new API / 'hooks'?

Will Evernote get some new "functionality love"? Or is it a case of just business as usual...?

Thanks comrades..

beachbt

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I just installed the 3.0 update. Notes Sync was #2 on my reasons to upgrade, right after Cut/Paste. I can tell you that Notes Sync does NOT work. At least not on PC.

TheMooch

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
From what I can see you can only sync notes if you're plugged in to iTunes, but MobileMe doesn't even HAVE a notes section!

edbrown1

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
notes sync to outlook was something I was eager to get with 3.0.
It does work, but it's not quite intuitive.
I thought it would sync to my notes folder in outlook, but it actually syncs to a new 'handheld synchronization' notes folder in outlook.
Don't know why it doesn't sync to the main notes folder, but I moved my notes around and now have them on the iphone.

babs711

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Can any Mac users tell me where my iphone's notes are after I sync? I've synced my iphone applications and am unable to find where on earth my notes are on my Mac. I feel like a dummy but they gave no information on the apple site and I see no place in Mac mail to find notes, only create a new note. Thank you!

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Can any Mac users tell me where my iphone's notes are after I sync? I've synced my iphone applications and am unable to find where on earth my notes are on my Mac. I feel like a dummy but they gave no information on the apple site and I see no place in Mac mail to find notes, only create a new note. Thank you!

You need to check the box in iTunes to sync your notes (info tab) and they will be synced with Mac Mail.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal