Auto Fill

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
here is something I have not heard much about. the auto fill function demonstrated at the keynote.

for me that is one of many exciting features coming from the 3.0 software. does anyone have any info on how well this works. does it work just like it does on my mac?

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
here is something I have not heard much about. the auto fill function demonstrated at the keynote.

for me that is one of many exciting features coming from the 3.0 software. does anyone have any info on how well this works. does it work just like it does on my mac?

Time will tell!

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
It uses contact information in you contacts. I'm assuming you create a contact with your own info. However , when I think about auto fill. I think about username / password not address and number.

Apple only demo name and address ( if I remember correctly ).

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
The Username/PW works extremely well, as soon as the page loads the info is there...

The only complaint i have so far is that there is not a way to change the PW, you can only delete ALL of the saved PW's and start over...

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
So if you change the password, Safari only remember the first time you entered a password? If so that is pretty lame...

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
nm, i just tested, and this is what happens... You just change the PW at the website and it notices that it was different...

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
Here is how it works if you change the PW...

88bd35f3.jpg

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Wow! great replies! thank you to those that already have the 3.0 software.

I understood the reasoning for not having this feature originally was for security reasons.
do you think the implementation of remote wipe made apple comfortable enough to give us autofill? I also have heard that the find my phone/remote wipe function can simply be turned off by the would be thief.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal