iPhone extremely laggy... please help

kidwithhelmet

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Over the past week, about 1-3 times a day I notice that my iPhone becomes really laggy. It is very unresponsive to scrolling the menu pages if I'm currently using the phone, and if I'm trying to unlock the phone from the blank screen, there is a good 8 second delay before my home page pops up.

Everytime this has happened my first instinct is to just reboot the phone, which I do. And upon restart everything seems to be working fine. But like I said, it's happening a few times a day so this isn't necessarily solving anything.

Should I be worried...?
-Matt

kidwithhelmet

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
No I have not. Any other suggestions, I'm currently having some trouble with my iTunes on my main computer...

Thanks though for the help Ash, I appreciate the suggestion.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Since you have already rebooted and it continues, next I would restore (from back up), if it continues I would restore (set up as new) and then if it still continues...I would take it to apple.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
How many movies/music/apps do you have? The more I load, the more sluggish my iPhone is...

Wow, I've never heard of that before. I have mine loaded up using everything available to me and mine is perfectly fine. That should make no difference.

If anything, I'd say the jailbreak is your issue.

kidwithhelmet

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Since you have already rebooted and it continues, next I would restore (from back up), if it continues I would restore (set up as new) and then if it still continues...I would take it to apple.

If I have to go this route and completely restore it as new, is there a good way to get all my apps back? Like, do I need to just write everything down that I've DL'd? Also, I thought I read here that you may not be able to re-download paid apps for free. Is that true, or was that for something a little further down the road?

Thanks

bosox0898

May 24, 2009
Visit site
How much free space do you have? I know when I get under 500mb my phone starts to get laggy... Even more noticeable under 200mb.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
as I understand it you can reload your paid for apps on your computer for free. the issue was over the air redownloads (if thats even a word)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2