I just got the iphone 3g and will still be in the 30 day period, so does that mean i can just go in and swap, minus the 10% restocking?
    06-08-2009 05:28 PM
    I don't think you will even get the new phone because like last year , AT&T stores' iphone stocks will be capped.
    06-08-2009 08:16 PM
    If I spend the night outside like a moron the night before I'm sure I will
    06-08-2009 09:12 PM
    Hello everyone (FYI) this is what I got from an ATT rep online just maybe 5 min. ago

Thank you for your patience! An AT&T sales representative will be with you shortly.

You are now chatting with Patrick P, an AT&T sales representative.

Patrick P: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How may I assist you with placing your order today?

Maria: Hello Patrick,I was just noticing that the price of the iphone I just purchased went down

Patrick P: How may I assist you?

Maria: I was wondering if att will be giving a refund of the price I paid for it 199 with the two yr extension plan

Patrick P: You have a 30-day, risk-free trial, if you are not completely satisfied you can return/exchange your undamaged phone for a refund in the first 30-days and pay only for airtime and usage charges; prorated monthly service charges apply.

Patrick P: You have a 30-day, risk-free trial, if you are not completely satisfied you can return/exchange your undamaged phone for a refund in the first 30-days and pay only for airtime and usage charges; prorated monthly service charges apply.

Maria: Does that mean I will have to return the phone and repurchase it ?

Patrick P: Unfortunately yes.

Maria: Really? Why would att do that, instead of crediting the account?

Patrick P: For further information on this please call customer care at 800-331-0500.

Maria: I see ok

Maria: I will be returning the phone and canceling the account. Thank you for your answers.

Maria: hello, are you there?

Patrick P: Have I answered all of your questions today?

Patrick P: Thank you for choosing AT&T. Have a great day.

The chat session has been closed by your AT&T sales representative.

Chalk it up to GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE....I guess I will be calling the number now and update you all...
    06-09-2009 05:32 PM
    LOL... I've had similar experiences with the chat thing.

I just call, you will get more direct answers.
    06-09-2009 10:06 PM
    Has anyone heard anymore on this, I just got my 3G and I am still within the 30 days, I am trying to figure out if its worth changing to the new 3g(s)
    06-10-2009 11:24 AM
    Whomever is in this situation of recently purchasing the iPhone 3G within the last 30 days, I would simply return it ASAP or wait to return it until next Friday. Ask them nicely to waive the restocking fee and you should be good.
    06-10-2009 11:30 AM
    I will be returning the iPhone 3G and pre-ordering the iPhone 3Gs even though I dont think it's all that much better except for double the storage space. I will be going to the store today to try to pre-order it.
    06-10-2009 02:44 PM
    I preordered new phones and am cancelling the ones I just got, that's whatt AT&T recommended
    06-10-2009 03:02 PM
    Yup, we returned my wife's 3g on the 30th day! We are not going to upgrade her but the vibrate stopped working on her phone so instead of having to make an appt at the Apple store to get the phone fixed we decided to just wait for the new one. The only bummer is the $20 restocking fee. Even if there is hardly any performance increase, for the same price you can get double the storage. To me anyway, it was a no brainer to return the 3G.
    06-10-2009 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD