Apple Store - Shipping/Delivering

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
The same thing happened to me. However, the wife and I both wanted white and they would only allow one white one per order. So, I placed a second order for mine and it stated "Delivers by June 19th" while the first order changed from that to "Ships June 19th". I called and they upgraded the shipping to next day and the rep stated that the other order would indeed be delivered on the 19th.

So, I went in and cancelled the order that was shipping on the 19th and placed a different, third order. The third order still states "Delivers by June 19th". I even received an email from Apple stating that their systems had mistakenly stated shipping on the 19th and assured me that it would deliver by the 19th.

I did the same as Ash . Called them up, got them to wave the $16 Priotity shipping, BUT ended up costing more anyways cause I told them to change it gtom 16GB to 32GB. :p

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Initially I chose to "reserve" my phone through Apple.com. The only thing that made me nervous was the verbiage on my confirmation e-mail which states:

"Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis."

I interpreted this to mean "we will try to reserve and iphone for you but at the end of the day you could possibly be SOL so get your butt their early on the 19th".

I then decided to simply pre-order mine from ATT. The phone is paid for, and I feel better about actually receiving a phone on the 19th.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm going to go through AT&T simply because I feel like it is a better chance of getting it on the 19th.

I would have went with Apple then. I thought I read if you order from Apple by the 17th you would promised delivery on the 19th?

I could be wrong. Either way Apple sent out a email to me and I'm assuming others to ignore what the confirmation email says and that I'd get my phone on the 19th regardless.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Ash is right. If you order before 17th you will recieve it by 19th. My confirmation email said "delivers by June 19th", although I chose FREE SHIPPING.
The sales rep told me the LATEST I will recieve it is 19th,

For those who dont know, ATT Stores will have TWO lines Friday morning, one for current ATT customers UPGRADING, which these customers get to go in 7am and then the other "New customer" line gets to get whatever thats "left over" when the store open at regular hours.
But sadly, RESERVATION doesnt GUARANTEE you a unit, which defeats the whole purpose of reservation,,,(reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the car he reserved )

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
AT&T has been saying that if you order before the 17th "your order will be processed and will be shipped overnight to arrive as early as June 19th." I emailed them if they could guarantee a 19th delivery, they said no. Nobody really can, once they ship it it's out of their control. I went to the AT&T store, and they said that Apple will be shipping out individual pre-orders the same time they are shipping out store pre-orders, so basically, we should be getting them around the same time the stores do. I'm leaving for vacation sunday, so they better be right. lol.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
To add insult to inury. AT&T has run out of preorder inventory! haven't heard about Apples website yet.

AT&T is now stating your orders will ship 7-14 days after the 19th!!! Man! am I glad I ordered right away(from Apple)!!!

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Apple sales... they confirm, that my order will arrive on 6/19 --- the shipping info says "delivered by June 19th"

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Ash is right. If you order before 17th you will recieve it by 19th. My confirmation email said "delivers by June 19th", although I chose FREE SHIPPING.

For those who dont know, ATT Stores will have TWO lines Friday morning, one for current ATT customers UPGRADING, which these customers get to go in 7am and then the other "New customer" line gets to get whatever thats "left over" when the store open at regular hours.
But sadly, RESERVATION doesnt GUARANTEE you a unit, which defeats the whole purpose of reservation,,,(reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the car he reserved )

Actually, for those that pre-ordered will be allowed to pick up there phones at 7pm. Everyone who did not pre-order will have to wait until 8pm to pick up their phones.

You don't have to be a current ATT customer to get in at 7am, as long as you pre-ordered before ATT ran out of their initial allotment you should get in early to pick up your phone.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
7AM=1+8Am=2. at 8AM both lines will merge. I would actually like to be there at 8 and watch how normally polite people will merge with the other line. you can learn alot about peoples true character at moments like these.

but alas I will be in the comfort of my own home waiting for the phone to show up on my doorstep. I hope the first person in line uses his/her new video to actually video the merge, that should be entertaining.

joliveria

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Is it FedEx or UPS that's delivering? I hope it's FedEx because the UPS driver that I usually see in my area always rings the doorbell and sprints to the truck within 10 seconds... I really don't want to have to get in a pursuit with the UPS driver and make him pull over to give me my phone.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Is it FedEx or UPS that's delivering? I hope it's FedEx because the UPS driver that I usually see in my area always rings the doorbell and sprints to the truck within 10 seconds... I really don't want to have to get in a pursuit with the UPS driver and make him pull over to give me my phone.

They do that with my to know and run like ding dong ditch.

ciocpa

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

I ordered mine on the 8th from the Apple Online store, and it also says Delivers by June 19th. A friend's husband had 2 e-mails, one that said delivers and one that said ships... He called and got free overnight delivery. I called and was told it will be here no later than the 19th and possibly earlier.

airness007

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Shipped!! 6/17 Delivery??

My phone has shipped from apple.com!

However, the email says delivery by 6/22? After I paid for overnight.... however, per my tracking #, it states it's going to be delivered tomorrow, 6/17, due to overnight shipping? I guess that extra $16 I spent is going to pay off? My guess is UPS has been ordered to hold them until the 19th.. All n all, I have relieved mine has shipped!