So, yesterday, at around 3pm, I got a message on my iPhone that my phone was not activated and for about 3 minutes, I could only make emergency calls. Then, another popup message that my phone was activated. I was thinking to myself "OK, maybe they are working on the account settings for the new OS 3.0 release tomorrow".

Then, at around 8pm last night I was watching TV, CBS to be exact, and there was an iPhone 3G commercial showing. Maybe no new hardware? Why would the advertise the old phone if indeed a new one is to be released today (or anytime soon).

I'm just sayin'. Did anybody experience anything strange with their iPhones yesterday as well?
    06-08-2009 10:17 AM
    I get that annoying pop up message all the time. Every so often, I even get presented with the connect to iTunes message on the home screen. For the most part, I simply reset the iPhone. If that doesn't work, a simple restore with back up from previous sync.

Apple will keep news about the new iPhone close to its chest for as long as possible. We'll know real soon.
    06-08-2009 10:25 AM
    The iTunes activation thing happens rarely but often enough for me to notice. I just retart the phone.

I don't have 3.0 so I don't know anything when it comes to that.
    06-08-2009 11:13 AM
    i seem to have a bricked iphone it show connect to itunes on my home screen on phone after i connet to itunes itunes starts the steps to restore then gets stuck in verifiying iphone software this is the 3rd time since i have phone it has happened what can i do
    06-09-2009 03:57 PM
    i seem to have a bricked iphone it show connect to itunes on my home screen on phone after i connet to itunes itunes starts the steps to restore then gets stuck in verifiying iphone software this is the 3rd time since i have phone it has happened what can i do
    Are you jail broken?

You might want to try putting your device into DFU mode and restoring. To put your device into DFU mode, follow the following link:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode
    06-09-2009 04:01 PM
    [QUOTE=iPhonejunkie3;1482486]Are you jail broken?

You might want to try putting your device into DFU mode and restoring. To put your device into DFU mode, follow the following link:

i am not jailbroken too chicken i guess but i just tried again and once again it's stuck in verifiying sotware and iphone stuck on connect to itunes what to do now
    06-09-2009 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD