View Poll Results: Well.. Is it!?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • ZOMG YAH DUH. LYKE I HAS NEED 60 HRS MUSIC PLAYBAEKS.

15 39.47%
  • UHHH NO. IT HAS SUTE MY NEEDZ.

23 60.53%
    To be completely honest, I have NO problems with the iPhone 3G's battery life!

I go to school, come home (listening to iPod both ways), leave it alone while I relax and watch TV for an hour, go to work listening to music and I use my iPhone consistently at both places (school and work).

I've never run out of battery before and I use it a lot for watching youtube videos and web browsing.

I simply charge it overnight, is that what you guys are all OMWTFBBQ over with the battery!?

I think the 3G's battery is actually EXCELLENT!

There was one time when I was using GPS for a long time and it died, but everyone I know has an iPod cord at their house so.. It's really not that big of a problem!
    06-08-2009 01:17 AM
    no problem for me either
    06-08-2009 02:02 AM
    It typically will last me all day with moderate usage. But if I use the ipod feature for my commute it will die by the time i get home. Coming from a blackberry that lasted 2-3 days, I could use a little more battery life.
    06-08-2009 04:15 AM
    Battery life really depends on what you intend to use the device for, what settings you have enabled, whether your device needs to constantly hunt for a signal, etc.

I use my device heavily for email, streaming music, watching videos, and surfing. The iPhone's internal battery would usually be drained halfway through the day. With an external battery pack (e.g., juice pack), I'm able to make it through the entire day without recharging. Just a day, though.

For information, my Blackberry Storm can't make it past a day without charging. Something about 3G devices makes them battery hogs.
    06-08-2009 08:38 AM
    Battery life really depends on what you intend to use the device for, what settings you have enabled, whether your device needs to constantly hunt for a signal, etc.

I use my device heavily for email, streaming music, watching videos, and surfing. The iPhone's internal battery would usually be drained halfway through the day. With an external battery pack (e.g., juice pack), I'm able to make it through the entire day without recharging. Just a day, though.

For information, my Blackberry Storm can't make it past a day without charging. Something about 3G devices makes them battery hogs.
    Yes mine normally last half way through the day on some days.
    06-08-2009 08:42 AM
    I'm a junkie whatever phone i have must be my hand all day. My iphone just makes it home. I ordered an external battery charger for it should be ok now
    06-08-2009 09:35 AM
    Well considering you mainly use iPod , which has 24 hours of play time , you won't have the same problems with battery life as others users who user Safari a lot like my self.
    06-08-2009 11:18 AM
    I said in my post that I use it for browsing and YouTube videos all day.

I always use iPod for the commute.
    06-08-2009 11:20 AM
    Hmm. Well I don't know. You must have a special model =]
    06-08-2009 11:27 AM
    I think the Battery is pretty poor.
    06-08-2009 12:13 PM
    The battery may be poor but when you have a USB Wall Charger and a Car Charger, what does it matter? It doesn't bother me at all.

To the person who created the poll, is English your second language?
    06-08-2009 12:20 PM
    I just purchased my first iPhone (the 3G) about a year ago, and when I first got it I was so excited.....until I realized the battery's life! For a phone that offers so much, you would think they would include a battery that could support all of its programs/applications. I love what the phone can do, but I was very disappointed with the battery life. Now I hear that the new iPhone 3GS is supposed to have about 15-20% longer battery life, which is an improvement, however I feel that it is still not sufficient. I had to go and buy an iPhone Battery Pack in order to double my battery's life. The battery pack has been a lifesaver! I just hope that they optimize the iPhone's stock battery so that it can hold a similar charge.
    06-09-2009 01:35 PM
    My 2G battery life is unsatisfactory if I use push e-mail. somewhat better with scheduled e-mail. 1/2 day before I get concerned and seek power to top off. Crackberry users seem to get much better battery performance even with push turned on. One long day is all that I ask. let me work and party for 18 hours without plugging in.
    06-09-2009 04:17 PM
    I said in my post that I use it for browsing and YouTube videos all day.

I always use iPod for the commute.
    Is your phone on 3G and do you have Bluetooth enabled?
    06-09-2009 04:27 PM
    Battery life sucks like every other portable device as there hasn't been significant strides in the technology ofter the past decade but the battery life is exaggerated just like that 2X speed of the 3gs.
    06-09-2009 04:27 PM
    I found that if I charge the batt about every other day it works just fine for me.. I use to text and phone and to surf on Safari too.. no problems here... oh and I listen to music on Pandora also..
    06-10-2009 12:17 PM
    its not too bad as long as your not browsing the internet all the time... when i was doing that it would drain just way too fast. now days i just use my phone for texting, facebook and twitter. it does still drain much faster than any other phone ive used
    06-13-2009 07:31 PM
    Over the past couple weeks , I've been getting much battery life under 3G on my iPhone. I think it has something to do with at&t switching to 850mhz in NY and SanFran recently. Its also been a lot faster. I've gotten 1.3Mbps in some cases during the day.
    06-13-2009 07:37 PM
    I think it's pretty poor, especially compared to the new 3GS
    06-13-2009 07:51 PM
    I think the Battery is pretty poor.

You posted twice the same thing
    06-13-2009 07:51 PM
    I sometimes have to plug in at work,but most of the time it's okay for me.Hopefully the 3G(S) will be a little better
    06-13-2009 09:40 PM
    I have not had any issues with my battery so far (knock wood). I use my iPhone throughout the the day (phone, internet, games, apps).
    06-13-2009 11:16 PM
    Is your phone on 3G and do you have Bluetooth enabled?
    There is no way he has BT enabled... if he did, that would probably be hog wash. I've gone sleep right after taking my phone off the charger with BT enabled and wake up to find that I need to charge it.
    06-13-2009 11:57 PM
    Since obtaining 3.0 I've actually seen my battery IMPROVE. I now use stereo bluetooth for my commute to school/work and back and I've seen no decrease in battery power because of that (I turn off bluetooth when I get to school/work, but even if I forget, it's not a noticeable difference in battery life).

My phone is always on 3G because I live in the magical land of Canada where we actually have 7.2mbps and a very strong 3G network :P
    06-14-2009 12:22 AM
    I wish battery life was better, but it's doable. I have a usb at work, car charger in the car and wall charger at home. One thing I do like it the fact that it doesn't take that long to charge up. My bold takes forever!
    06-14-2009 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD