Is the iPhone's battery REALLY that bad!?

Well.. Is it!?

• ZOMG YAH DUH. LYKE I HAS NEED 60 HRS MUSIC PLAYBAEKS.

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • UHHH NO. IT HAS SUTE MY NEEDZ.

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
To be completely honest, I have NO problems with the iPhone 3G's battery life!

I go to school, come home (listening to iPod both ways), leave it alone while I relax and watch TV for an hour, go to work listening to music and I use my iPhone consistently at both places (school and work).

I've never run out of battery before and I use it a lot for watching youtube videos and web browsing.

I simply charge it overnight, is that what you guys are all OMWTFBBQ over with the battery!?

I think the 3G's battery is actually EXCELLENT!

There was one time when I was using GPS for a long time and it died, but everyone I know has an iPod cord at their house so.. It's really not that big of a problem!

jscholz22

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
It typically will last me all day with moderate usage. But if I use the ipod feature for my commute it will die by the time i get home. Coming from a blackberry that lasted 2-3 days, I could use a little more battery life.

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
Battery life really depends on what you intend to use the device for, what settings you have enabled, whether your device needs to constantly hunt for a signal, etc.

I use my device heavily for email, streaming music, watching videos, and surfing. The iPhone's internal battery would usually be drained halfway through the day. With an external battery pack (e.g., juice pack), I'm able to make it through the entire day without recharging. Just a day, though. :p

For information, my Blackberry Storm can't make it past a day without charging. Something about 3G devices makes them battery hogs.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Battery life really depends on what you intend to use the device for, what settings you have enabled, whether your device needs to constantly hunt for a signal, etc.

I use my device heavily for email, streaming music, watching videos, and surfing. The iPhone's internal battery would usually be drained halfway through the day. With an external battery pack (e.g., juice pack), I'm able to make it through the entire day without recharging. Just a day, though. :p

For information, my Blackberry Storm can't make it past a day without charging. Something about 3G devices makes them battery hogs.

Yes mine normally last half way through the day on some days.

Jeffdc5#IM

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm a junkie whatever phone i have must be my hand all day. My iphone just makes it home. I ordered an external battery charger for it should be ok now

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Well considering you mainly use iPod , which has 24 hours of play time , you won't have the same problems with battery life as others users who user Safari a lot like my self.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
The battery may be poor but when you have a USB Wall Charger and a Car Charger, what does it matter? It doesn't bother me at all.

To the person who created the poll, is English your second language? ;)

bandman77

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
iPhone's battery life is terrible

I just purchased my first iPhone (the 3G) about a year ago, and when I first got it I was so excited.....until I realized the battery's life! For a phone that offers so much, you would think they would include a battery that could support all of its programs/applications. I love what the phone can do, but I was very disappointed with the battery life. Now I hear that the new iPhone 3GS is supposed to have about 15-20% longer battery life, which is an improvement, however I feel that it is still not sufficient. I had to go and buy an iPhone Battery Pack in order to double my battery's life. The battery pack has been a lifesaver! I just hope that they optimize the iPhone's stock battery so that it can hold a similar charge.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
2G

My 2G battery life is unsatisfactory if I use push e-mail. somewhat better with scheduled e-mail. 1/2 day before I get concerned and seek power to top off. Crackberry users seem to get much better battery performance even with push turned on. One long day is all that I ask. let me work and party for 18 hours without plugging in.

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
Battery life sucks like every other portable device as there hasn't been significant strides in the technology ofter the past decade but the battery life is exaggerated just like that 2X speed of the 3gs.

Harleyman

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
I found that if I charge the batt about every other day it works just fine for me.. I use to text and phone and to surf on Safari too.. no problems here... oh and I listen to music on Pandora also..

missdee

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
its not too bad as long as your not browsing the internet all the time... when i was doing that it would drain just way too fast. now days i just use my phone for texting, facebook and twitter. it does still drain much faster than any other phone ive used :mad:

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Over the past couple weeks , I've been getting much battery life under 3G on my iPhone. I think it has something to do with at&t switching to 850mhz in NY and SanFran recently. Its also been a lot faster. I've gotten 1.3Mbps in some cases during the day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2