Receiving Pictures!?

RedPitSea

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Tell me there is a easier way to view pic messages being sent to me from another user. Do I really have to enter all that BS everytime I want to view the pic? Is there a site online I can view these from in a big open setting????? :confused::mad:

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Yes, there is a much easier way, have them email it to you. MMS can be sent to email addresses as well as telephone numbers. Fret not...the new software will have mms support for 3G and later iPhones.

RedPitSea

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
yes but some of my friends have a older style phone. I dont think its possible or a option for them to send mms. Thanks for the response though!
Any apps out there that could solve this issue?
The new update is going to fix what?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
If your friends can't send MMS the only other way is for them to send it via email... if they can't do that, they can't send you a picture.

RedPitSea

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
OK thanks. I just hate the way you have to view pics without the mms way.
Can you give me a quick rundown on what this update will do. Im fairly new to the Iphone. Been a 7 year user of crack-berry. Kinda didnt like it at first but now I dont know what took me so long to finally make the transition. :D

robbiebisme

May 31, 2009
Visit site
yes but some of my friends have a older style phone. I dont think its possible or a option for them to send mms. Thanks for the response though!
Any apps out there that could solve this issue?
The new update is going to fix what?

if ur friends have and older style phone that cant send mms how are they sending u pictures at all then?

there are very very few phones in use today that dont support mms. mms is when u send a pic or video clip or sound anything like that if they can do that they have mms and if they have mms they can send it to ur email instead of typeing in your phone number theyll put in ur email address. there are apps if u really need it now and dont want to ait for the update. (btw i have the update beta and my mms is working and its fairly easy to send and recieve now) there are apps in the app store that will retrieve the message for u so u dont have to type in that code and everything

RedPitSea

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
if ur friends have and older style phone that cant send mms how are they sending u pictures at all then?

there are very very few phones in use today that dont support mms. mms is when u send a pic or video clip or sound anything like that if they can do that they have mms and if they have mms they can send it to ur email instead of typeing in your phone number theyll put in ur email address. there are apps if u really need it now and dont want to ait for the update. (btw i have the update beta and my mms is working and its fairly easy to send and recieve now) there are apps in the app store that will retrieve the message for u so u dont have to type in that code and everything

Awesome. Would you point me in that direction? I looked last night before posting but no luck.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
no MMS as of yet. AT&T is dragging their feet. that being said we do not have the 3.0 version of the IPhone software yet (most of us don't) it comes out on the 17th. this is the IPhone software that supports MMS. MMS also requires Carrierr support which AT&T has said will not be ready till the end of summer(total bummer for some)

MMS is a non issue for me. most people I know have phones that can send email. I actually prefer the email metod. but for those who prefer MMS, as Ash stated, patience is a virtue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro