the dreaded credit check...

Mushy2012

May 13, 2009
Visit site
So does att require some kind of credit check for new iphone customers and if so are there options for those that don't pass it like a deposit or something? Just wondering as my credit isn't quite perfect and I really don't want to stand in line for this new phone only to be turned away due to my credit not being good enough for them.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Yes there is a credit check, I think there is some kind of deposit you can put down. But I think it is more than the cost of the iPhone, and must be cash. You get it back after a certain period of paying your bills on time. Probably best to call AT&T or stop by a store and ask though.

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
When you sign up, they run your credit. If they require a deposit, it ranges anywhere from $150-$750 depending on your credit. It's not as stringent as a bank loan or credit card and only you know your credit, and even though I worked for an AT&T indirect, I still have no clue what score equals what deposit. Anyway, the deposit has to be in cash. The deposit is in ADDITION to the cost of the iPhone. As long as you pay your bill, your deposit will be returned into 12 billing cycles(or close to a year). If you are late or have a non-pay suspension, your deposit is at risk. You can pay for the iPhone with check/credit card if you want to but the deposit definitely has to be in cash.

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I've personally, when Ive worked there(and I have only been gone for a week), have seen the lowest deposit be $150. A lot of people who said they had bad or questionable credit came back with a 0 deposit.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I was required to pay $500 for my deposit when I got my 3G. I was 18 with no credit at all. I don't if that helps you estimate your deposit? Overall though I would highly recommend going into an AT&T sometime before the release to see what they say. I know of quite a few people who went in before the 3G release to get everything set for it as far as what to expect to pay and whatnot, and it greatly increased the time they had to spend to get their phone and be good to go.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I've personally, when Ive worked there(and I have only been gone for a week), have seen the lowest deposit be $150. A lot of people who said they had bad or questionable credit came back with a 0 deposit.

Mine was only $100 a line.

robbiebisme

May 31, 2009
Visit site
no its at&t if they already gave u a contract and u are using ur phone and u are eligable for an upgrade and u upgrade then the only thing other then the price of the phone on contract u will pay is a 18 dollar upgrade fee seen on your next bill

rmracer27

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
no its at&t if they already gave u a contract and u are using ur phone and u are eligable for an upgrade and u upgrade then the only thing other then the price of the phone on contract u will pay is a 18 dollar upgrade fee seen on your next bill

Ok had me worried for alittle bit..LOL Just going to wait it out for abit and see what new comes out.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
My situation is a little different. I've been paying for my iPhone 3G bill for the past year, but the account is owned by my sister, however it is in my name. We co-signed because I wasn't 18.

Do I have credit now or not? :p if I've been paying my bills consistently for a year I don't see why I wouldn't.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative