Text Size Question

dmevis

Jun 5, 2009
Visit site
I am currently a Blackberry User, and considering moving to an iPhone when the new one is released. I am a "baby boomer", which is to say that I am now in my 50's and my eyes are not what they used to be. Specifically, I have Presbyopia, which is difficulty focusing at short distances. On my Blackberry, I can dramatically increase the size of the font on the phone, which affects most applications.

I just looked at an iPhone (3G) for the first time. I quickly found the option to increase the minimum font size for email/calendar/etc. However, it did not seem to do anything. That is, the font size stayed the same no matter what size I set it to.

I really need to increase the font size to be able to work with the iPhone. Not only for the built-in applications (email, calendar, etc.) but for after-market applications. Did I do something wrong? Is the iPhone capable of generally increasing the font size on the system and applications? Any aftermarket applications that would help? Any other ideas?

Thank you for your time.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
You should be able to increase the font. Not sure why it didn't work for you. I have shown my parents how to do this and they are now considering iPhones.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
One of the things I like best on the iPhone is how I can just grab the screen and make everything BIGGER.

The only thing that would make it better is if it would dynamically reformat so that we didn't have to scroll side to side after dragging it bigger.