New to iphones....help with apps.

iphonecjb

Jun 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi,
I have tried to search the forums and not finding exactly want is going on...
Have the original iphone 4gb - have itune 8.2? the newest version downloaded yesterday. I can down load apps to itunes I can see them there. When I goto synch them to the phone under the apps tab, it is muted and I cant click on them. SO what am I doing wrong. I was going to call apple but 29$ for 1 call....please! So Any help is very appreciated. I have tried everything I can think of - C

iphonecjb

Jun 5, 2009
Visit site
Ok I am not sure exactly where to find it....it has whatever it came with....but to try and be more exact

says version 2.2.1 (5h11)
modem firmware 04.05.04_G

Does this help?

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
If the option in the tab for sync all apps is chosen, then the list of apps is greyed out. They only become active if you choose the button above it that says "selected applications."

If the sync all apps is chosen, then it should not matter, as all of the apps in the box should be selected (checkmarks in the boxes of each app).

If they are still not syncing to the device, I would wonder if the apps may be for the 3G hardware, not the first gen. I have seen many apps that say the 3G is required. Maybe they won't sync for that reason. I might be wrong.

iphonecjb

Jun 5, 2009
Visit site
Thanks you all for you thought but still no luck! For example I tried to put facebook app on. say min 2.2 operating system so 3g not necessary. Right? I can synch the contact and the calendar....but apps section is all dull, cant click the all apps or indvidual, it is all muted, dull, unclickable. I have also tried a silly ones just to see if anything will allow me to click and still nothing.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
When your iPhone is connected go to the apps page under devices iPhone and is sync apps checked? If so witch is selected sync all apps or select apps.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Assuming you bought the phone used...Try restoring and setting up as new. Could be an iTunes account issue. Also can you download an app onto the phone itself?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner