Back button for iPhone

Would you favor a back button to return to the previous screen in one step?

• Yes

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 15 27.8%

• Total voters

jhagedon

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Wouldn't it be great if there was an easy one-step back button to return to the previous screen? My former Samsung Blackjack had this, and I miss the convenience.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, to me a back button would be kind of counter-productive as the whole point was to not have buttons really. Every app I've ever had has a previous or back button built in to suit the app.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I think what I would like best is something that would return me to the previous app.

Instead of exiting the current app to have to go back to the home screen to launch the other app, I would like a " recent app " function.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if that's something a developer could (easily) do? I remember apps on Palm to give this functionality, and then they finally built it into the Treo 755/Centro.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I think a button for a back function would be superfluous. As others have said apps that would be able to take advantage of this function already have a "back" button, and those that don't need it don't have one. I think if the button was there and not needed for an app it would be frustrating to hit the button and have nothing happen. Not to mention that is another button that devs would need to program for.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
3 way split. 7 up! HaHa. I made a funny. Nevermind, lol.

I got it. :p

And yeah I like the idea of a recent app function, not in the form of a tactile button though. How about just that devs could implement, or that Apple would, or maybe you could send a recent shortcut to when you double tap the home button.

jhagedon

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Back button

The "Home" button could double as a "back" button. As it is now it can be configured to do different functions. This would allow you to return to a web page after using a link, for example. It is very time consuming to always have to the home screen and reopen any given app if you were redirected ( even accidently) to a link. The mail app is a perfect example.

stewkie

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
Every app does not have a back button! Every time I look up a restaurant and click "directions to" I get taken to maps and then (if it's to far) have to go back to the home screen start the original app. again.

JasonBrooks

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Sheep

To all the sheep that went on about all apps having a back button.... I've just been on the app store for the very first time and guess what? THERE IS NO EFFING BACK BUTTON. Lemmings....pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Last edited by a moderator:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
To all the sheep that went on about all apps having a back button.... I've just been on the app store for the very first time and guess what? THERE IS NO EFFING BACK BUTTON. So my message to y'all is GO GET F..KED! Lemmings....pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

hi welcome to the forum :)

WarrenRSV

Banned
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I think what I would like best is something that would return me to the previous app.

Instead of exiting the current app to have to go back to the home screen to launch the other app, I would like a " recent app " function.

How about multi tasking? Just double click your home screen to between apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phessler

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Every app does not have a back button! Every time I look up a restaurant and click "directions to" I get taken to maps and then (if it's to far) have to go back to the home screen start the original app. again.

Just need to double click the home button and pick the app you were just in, which will be the first one on the bar.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711