I have gone through all the settings for incoming and outgoing mail and they are correct. ( I think)I even contacted the domain tech and he said all settings were right. I have 3 email accounts on my website. I use Outlook. These are the two error messages when I go to setup the email and once I have set it up.
    This error message when I go to setup the mail "Secure Connection Failed the certificate for .... may not be valid." Then it asks if I want to continue and I do. The SSL is not set I checked. Then when I go to send mail "Cannot Send Mail one of the recipients addresses was invalid." I get this no matter who I try to send to. Its set as a POP account. I receive all my mail. I am very frustrated anyone have the answer
    05-31-2009 02:44 AM
    I have the same problem. I use tmobile as my carrier. I just forward all other outlook emails to a gmail account and you will be able to send emails through it.
    05-31-2009 05:18 AM
    If this is an exchange account shouldn't SSL be on?. Mine is and it works. hope this helped
    06-02-2009 11:11 PM
    oh sorry I see that it's a pop account. not sure then. but at second glance I have SSL on for my pop account too. try turning it on and see what happens.
    Last edited by chobbs1; 06-02-2009 at 11:16 PM.
    06-02-2009 11:13 PM
    If you can receive but not send try changing the smtp server your phone is useing. Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendar>Account>Scroll to bottom SMTP

Try using the AT&T SMTP server and see if it works.
    06-03-2009 09:47 AM
    i changed the port from 25 to 587 and this worked for me
    08-05-2009 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD