the search feature on my iphone app store is not working. I first searched for a program I know exists (VLC Remote) then I thought maybe it went belly-up so I did a search of programs I KNOW exist because I have them slash they are the most popular ones. When I search "Remote" it comes up and says "did you mean remotet" no kidding. What is wrong? Already reset the damn thing five times.

help!

merci
    05-29-2009 08:29 PM
    Yea it is doing it with me also.
    Last edited by Tramain; 05-30-2009 at 05:55 AM.
    05-29-2009 08:31 PM
    Yay, I'm not alone. It's not working for me either. It must be a global thing. Hopefully it doesn't last too long.
    05-29-2009 08:55 PM
    Well my search is working and I just checked for VLC Remote and it comes back empty... so either they are doing some maintenance or it has been removed from the store.
    05-29-2009 08:55 PM
    There is the VLC remote because I just downloaded it from itunes app store which seems (god-willing) to still be working.
    05-29-2009 09:00 PM
    Mine is doing the same thing. I searched for a program from the main page and it tries to correct my spelling I'm just glad it's not just me. Probably a server isssue I'm guessing.
    05-29-2009 09:21 PM
    this is good to know that my iphone is not completely effed :-)
    05-29-2009 09:45 PM
    Mine was doing it the other day and now it is working again!
    05-31-2009 07:54 AM
    The App Store search is probably THE worst search I have ever used. I type in something and might get 2-3 things that are semi-related to what I am looking for. Then there are 30+ totally unrelated apps. It also searches all of iTunes and not just apps. It's really only useful to find apps I know exist.
    05-31-2009 11:30 AM
    I was downloading a new app a couple of days ago and it got stuck loading. I tried to stop it to no avail by trying to delete it, but it said loading for I don't know how long. Yesterday I realized the search wasn't working on the App store and remembered the problem. The icon was gone on the app that seemed to freeze during download. All other functions seem to be working fine. When I put in app categories that I know are there, nothing happens. It doesn't say none found, it just does nothing.
    11-05-2013 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD