View Poll Results: Matte or Shine?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Matte

69 84.15%
  • Shine

13 15.85%
    I only like the idea of matte on the black iPhone. They wouldn't do that to the white one would they? Like many others have mentioned, I like the white one how it is because it doesn't show any fingerprints. It's funny, when I first saw the two pictures of the black and white when they were announced, I though the white one was hideous. Then it slowly became "ok" to me the more I looked at it. When I stepped into line, I was planning to get a black one, but then an employee came out and let us all breifly check out a black one she was holding. I saw all the fingerprints and instantly changed my mind for the white one.
    That is what made me choose the white at first. I was tossing up between white and black and then the guy in the store said that the black has fingerprints and when I went to check them out (displays), everyone was filled with greasy fingerprints (5 total, 3 in one spot and 2 in another). I was only the 13th person online, lol.
    05-30-2009 03:18 PM
    Shine for me.
    Slips into the case easier.
    05-30-2009 04:06 PM
    I like the look of the Shiny casing better but I feel Matte is on the horizon. Hopefully if it is true it is going to "Gorgeous" as we all know SJ would not allow anything less.

Jdub
    05-30-2009 05:26 PM
    Matte less scratches, better grip, better finish, less figure prints. Basicly what everyone has already said :P
    05-30-2009 08:40 PM
    I'm not too worried about fingerprints or scratches, but dropping the phone is a big no-no & I use a pouch so no protective case for me; matte for grip.
    05-31-2009 12:36 AM
    matte. as long as we have colors to choose from. but it'll help hide scratches etc. so i hope they go with it.
    05-31-2009 09:33 AM
    I want to be able to use my iphone without a case, so matte for me.
    Also i don't knw if it's beacause of the material, but the current onw attracts so many fuzz on the back.
    05-31-2009 09:39 AM
    If it is matte it better be easy to get in and out of a pocket .. Also it can't be a lint catcher
    05-31-2009 03:48 PM
    Seeing as how I have the black Sedio Incase already on mine, I naturally voted for Matte.
    05-31-2009 04:29 PM
    i like the new one better it seems like it wont get as many little scratches and smudges as the 3g one
    05-31-2009 05:33 PM
    The matte looks tons sexier.
    05-31-2009 05:41 PM
    i think it depends on what the matte feels like if it feels like a chalk board and if i scratch a finger over it and that is what it feels like that alone would turn me off from even buying it...
    05-31-2009 06:31 PM
    I picked Matte because I want them to make a Matte silver backing to imitate the original aluminum backing which was beautiful.

Matte is also good because the shiny plastic gets hairline cracks and actually deteriorates eventually.

I kinda just REALLY hope the new iPhone fits in the iPhone 3G's dock and fits the same cases and peripherals.
    05-31-2009 07:12 PM
    definitely Matte! I agree with Jellotime91. the original IPhone with the aluminum casing is the ultimate for me. but if we aren't going to get the aluminum back, I would hope for some type of plastic that at least feels substantial. there is a company called knight creations that does some interesting things for the case. they're a bit expensive. but I am considering it if they will offer something for the new phone.
    06-01-2009 02:03 AM
    Matte because I prefer a naked phone and it would help to be grippier
    06-01-2009 04:54 AM
    I like the shine on the iPhone 3G. It definitely looks sharper. The thing that worries me about the matte, is that it tends to look greasy after a while. How would Apple prevent this from happening? If they can't prevent this from happening, I would much rather have the shine, and just keep it in a case.
    06-01-2009 04:55 AM
    I've nothing against the shiny black on the 3G.

I trust Apple's design team though that whatever they'll do, it will look good.
    06-01-2009 05:11 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD