Votes: 69 84.1%
  • Shine

Votes: 13 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Yeah, black fits the look of all my electronics. Aluminum MacBook with the black trim, black monitor, black TV, black PC, black desk, and black iPhone.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I only like the idea of matte on the black iPhone. They wouldn't do that to the white one would they? Like many others have mentioned, I like the white one how it is because it doesn't show any fingerprints. It's funny, when I first saw the two pictures of the black and white when they were announced, I though the white one was hideous. Then it slowly became "ok" to me the more I looked at it. When I stepped into line, I was planning to get a black one, but then an employee came out and let us all breifly check out a black one she was holding. I saw all the fingerprints and instantly changed my mind for the white one.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Matte finish by far. Never liked the shiny casings or backs of the iPods all the way back to my first 3rd gen iPod. Yes it looks good when you take it out of the box, but after about a week it looks like crap all scratched up.

I'd really prefer the matte look with a soft touch finish, like the Tmobile Dash or several other phones makes it so much easier to grip and feels good in the hand.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I had a white one. Then got a black. I like the look of the black better.

I did the same... I originally got the white one, then sold it when the Bold came around and when I recently purchased a new one, I got the black. My reasoning was due to the cracks on the white one.

The black isn't bad, but I like the white better.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I only like the idea of matte on the black iPhone. They wouldn't do that to the white one would they? Like many others have mentioned, I like the white one how it is because it doesn't show any fingerprints. It's funny, when I first saw the two pictures of the black and white when they were announced, I though the white one was hideous. Then it slowly became "ok" to me the more I looked at it. When I stepped into line, I was planning to get a black one, but then an employee came out and let us all breifly check out a black one she was holding. I saw all the fingerprints and instantly changed my mind for the white one.

That is what made me choose the white at first. I was tossing up between white and black and then the guy in the store said that the black has fingerprints and when I went to check them out (displays), everyone was filled with greasy fingerprints (5 total, 3 in one spot and 2 in another). I was only the 13th person online, lol.

Jdub

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I like the look of the Shiny casing better but I feel Matte is on the horizon. Hopefully if it is true it is going to "Gorgeous" as we all know SJ would not allow anything less.

Jdub:D

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
I'm not too worried about fingerprints or scratches, but dropping the phone is a big no-no & I use a pouch so no protective case for me; matte for grip.

iDutch

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I want to be able to use my iphone without a case, so matte for me.
Also i don't knw if it's beacause of the material, but the current onw attracts so many fuzz on the back.

Frankless24

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
matte vs shine

i think it depends on what the matte feels like if it feels like a chalk board and if i scratch a finger over it and that is what it feels like that alone would turn me off from even buying it...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I picked Matte because I want them to make a Matte silver backing to imitate the original aluminum backing which was beautiful.

Matte is also good because the shiny plastic gets hairline cracks and actually deteriorates eventually.

I kinda just REALLY hope the new iPhone fits in the iPhone 3G's dock and fits the same cases and peripherals.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
definitely Matte! I agree with Jellotime91. the original IPhone with the aluminum casing is the ultimate for me. but if we aren't going to get the aluminum back, I would hope for some type of plastic that at least feels substantial. there is a company called knight creations that does some interesting things for the case. they're a bit expensive. but I am considering it if they will offer something for the new phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner