How do you type on your iPhone?

jewelz

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty new to the iPhone world and am curious how everyone else types. Index finger? Two thumbs? One thumb?

I usually type with just one thumb and find that I'm pretty fast and have minimal errors.

So, how do you type?

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes one thumb, sometimes two. Depends on if I'm trying to do anything else at the same time. I'm definitely faster with two thumbs, but one thumb isn't sluggish either.

Quaseem R.

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Two thumbs. I started out with my right index and worked my way up to two thumbs within a week. It's more fun than my old Blackberry Bolds keyboard.:)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm still working on one finger, but I'm going pretty fast that way.

My daughter has this very cool thing where she uses the index finger of her left hand and her right thumb. She is incredibly fast and accurate.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I need to get a picture of her doing it. She holds it in her left hand with her thumb at the bottom to balance it.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I do one finger if driving (while stopped at a light, do not text and drive) and otherwise 2 thumbs most of the time always in portrait mode. I can't stand landscape mode, the keys are so far apart and take up most of the screen. I hope before the final 3.0 they give you an option to turn this off for email and SMS. When texting from bed laying down I don't want it to turn landscape, thanks though!

On a side note, I have actually been getting better typing with one finger without looking at the phone at all.

Thndrct619

May 8, 2009
Visit site
I use two thumb ,but since I have read this thread I have been trying the one thumb, one finger approach and I am really enjoying it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh