Will you wait to update to 3.0 when it comes out.

Will you wait to update your iPhone untill 3.0 is unlocked?

• Yes I will wait

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • No I will update

Votes: 30 78.9%

• Total voters

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I will probably keep my current 3G jailbroken on 2.2.1 and then move to 3.0 when their is new hardware, unless of course there is no new hardware coming, in which case I will wait until 3.0 can be jailbroken, and then upgrade.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm on 3.0 now... I'll update.

Also... 3.0 brings everything I would have needed to jailbreak for.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm on 3.0 now... I'll update.

Also... 3.0 brings everything I would have needed to jailbreak for.

Yes that is why I have not jailbreaked my iPhone again because 3.0 is adding what I jailbreaked for.

Last edited:

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
For me it depends on if there is new hardware and what the new hardware would contained. Currently I have mine jailbroken with 2.2.1 and the 2.28 baseband for unlocking. I am keeping it that way until I decided on what to do for the upgrade (if there is a new model).

If there is no new model, I'll probably upgrade the moment it is released.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I will definitely update. I'm on AT&T legitimately, and 3.0 gives me everything I ever had a reason to jailbreak for. I'm restored now and I honestly don't miss jailbreaking. I miss copy/paste from jailbreak but the lag killed me even more.

Can't wait for 3.0. Still don't know if me and the g/f are going to take the plunge and upgrade to the new phone. I guess that depends on how the price points will work and what kind of financial situation we are in. I have my grad party June 14th so if I get enough money to pay what we need to pay, then some extra....that's a definite. :D

jay0heavenly

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
I'll definitely wait... gotta keep my phone unlocked for resale purposes!

Oh and there will ALWAYS be reasons to jailbreak...pdanet, qtweeter, sbsprefs, the options to watch slingbox over 3G etc, etc, etc...

I'll NEVER HAVE AN UNJAILBROKEN IPHONE....NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I'll definitely wait... gotta keep my phone unlocked for resale purposes!

Oh and there will ALWAYS be reasons to jailbreak...pdanet, qtweeter, sbsprefs, the options to watch slingbox over 3G etc, etc, etc...

I'll NEVER HAVE AN UNJAILBROKEN IPHONE....NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

If you can deal with the lag then go ahead.

jay0heavenly

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
If you can deal with the lag then go ahead.

In all seriousness, I've never experienced any lag at all. :eek:

My phone is just as snappy as it was straight out the box....I never get reboots, and my programs run like the phone was meant to be jailbroken.

Maybe I'm lucky, but I haven't experienced any negatives with jb'ing.

Where did you experience lag? In opening regular apps? Jailbroken apps?

jay0heavenly

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
gotcha...I generally keep my themes plain...nothing over the top. I had an animated theme once and not only was it cheesy, but you could see how much memory it used.

c0mpguru

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I can't wait for 3.0 to come out. I'm using Beta 5 and I've had a pretty good experience with it. It still has some bugs, but nothing that a quick reboot doesn't fix. I'm loving it :)

EKBA

May 28, 2009
Visit site
I like knowing that if something goes wrong I can just call apple and get the problem sorted out. I tried to jailbreak once and I didnt know that 10.5.6 didnt recognize DFU mode so my phone just went black and I freaked out. Lucky for me the people at the apple store did some magic and no harm was done. :)