Beware of Iphone Tech Support @ Rogers

Eyefone

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I have had an issue with Rogers and support of visual voicemail greeting messages messages not being able to be saved. Is anyone else having this issue.

Was on an 1.5 hr landline support call with Rogers Tech Support and the agent had me do a factory reset. I asked numerous times if program data such as notepad, financial apps etc would have there data backed up. I was assured that this would be the case.

After going through the process, I've lost over 6 weeks of critical notes in the Notes program all my receipt postings in my financial app, all my workouts in my gym app, all sms messages.

Thanks Rogers.... I'm surprised at the lack of knowledge that their support people have.

Anyway would like to hear from anyone who has Visual Voicemail greeting problems (Can't save new greetings) and also if anyone knows if I was guided incorrectly through backup. ie can the phone retain data from apps? as a backup?

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I learned this lesson a long time ago. Members of forums like this one are infinitely more knowledgeable than any customer service rep. So sorry this happened to you...

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
If you restore from a backup via iTunes you *may* get notes back (don't remember for sure, I typically do clean installs), but 3rd party apps flush all data when you delete them from the iPhone. Unless they sync with the Internet, or let you email data out of them, it's gone.

Sorry. And what Jamesus said.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
A restore from backup will bring everything back. I've done it and everything was as I left it, including notes and app data. But if you did not back-up (sync) through iTunes before you wiped, it's all gone.

That sucks that Rogers didn't know what they were doing :( I'm sorry.